• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just don't get it

7 posts in this topic

Today I received the latest issue of Coin World and they had a photo on the cover of the "new" reverse of Monticello on the Jefferson nickel, right beside a photo of the "old" reverse. Granted, I am no Jefferson nickel expert, but I couldn't see any noticable difference between the two. Am I missing something, or am I just realistic to expect no new ideas of creativity from the US mint on regular issue coins? confused.gif

The word was, that the Mint was issuing new sharpened image dies with more detail in Monticello. However Jeff, creativity is too much to expect!

Just compare the reverse of a 1940 nickel with a 200X. That'll be the design difference, but then you have to S T R E T C H your imagination and put the 1940 design in ...

low

relief.

frown.gif

No relief.

Hoot

Back to the old design now...eh. sleeping.gifsleeping.gifsleeping.gif

I'm sure glad Congress passed that bill requiring Jefferson on the nickel. Mediocrity shall prevail for years to come.... yay.

yeahok.gif

jom