• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

One heck of an advertisement!

8 posts in this topic

So I was reading through the July 25th issue of Coin World, and I generally breeze through the ads, especially the two page spreads by the warehouse operations, but I tend to look for a few ads from companies that sell Saints. Well, at the bottom of page 74, there was an ad from Park Avenue Numismatics, and boy what an ad! I've bought a few Saints from them in the past, and they usually have an outstanding selection. This ad was entitled "The Park Avenue Collection" and they listed one of every business strike of Saint from 1907 through 1932, including the 1927-D in MS-63!!! The had all but the 33, which is quite a feat for a dealer much less a collector. The price for all the coins excluding the 27-D was $967,620. You need to "call" for the price on the 27-D, but I would guess it's in the $2 million range. Ahh...the stuff of dreams!

You can see the whole set at www.parkavecollection.com. The coins are for sale individually. There is no price for the '27-D though. The others seem fairly priced for grade and scarcity.

Sorry, typed URL wrong the first time. This site keeps changing the URL. It is parkavecollection, not parkavenue!

Thanks for the link Charlie, that is awesome! It said the collection is worth $3 million, so it looks like I was pretty close on my guess for the 27-D price! yay.gif

You need to "call" for the price on the 27-D, but I would guess it's in the $2 million range. Ahh...the stuff of dreams!

Well...what are you waiting for? Write that check! 893whatthe.gif

jom

PS: Good to have you back. grin.gif

I know that I could look but how many dates/mm's do you have/lack, Jeff?

Wow, I actually had to look myself, I knew that I was at 60%, but that translates into 32 different coins.

Thanks Jom, it's nice to be back. And I would write that check today, as long as they promised not to cash it until 2060 or so!

Wow! What an accomplishment!!!!!!

I just had a chance to reminence when we got together in Seattle. Remember that WACoinGuy had the 1885 PR64CAM Liberty nickel?

Well, here it is on the first post of the following thread: web page