• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New eBay Fraud E-mail

3 posts in this topic

They just keep coming up with more ingenius methods every day! The latest one I received is made to look like a question submitted from another eBay member, asking in effect, "Where is my item, I paid for it and have not received it, if you don't respond I will report you to eBay." Well, fortunately I don't sell much, and this was sent to the wrong e-mail address, so I didn't click any links, but sent it right to "spoof@ebay.com" and sure enough it was just another fraud attempt. Very professional looking overall though, it seemed quite real. So be on your guard and when you are in doubt, don't click an e-mail link, forward it to eBay first.

That is great advice. I was hit twice through Paypal. It was also related to my Ebay auctions. I was lucky in that I was able to get my money back. It took several moinths to get things straight.