• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My latest silver comm. addition!

9 posts in this topic

This is the latest addition to my early silver comm. set, the only MS-66* Fort Vancouver. smile.gif

As per the NGC online population report, out of a total of 1477 Vancouver’s graded only four have received the *. This one in MS-66 and three others in MS-67.

132137-fv.jpg.80f17a442ea50e12f995c4c07553b3c3.jpg

Hey, that looks like a nice coin! smile.gif Remember, I'm a toning enthusiast and am saying that. I really enjoy when a blast white coin comes along that has a good depth of field and the luster just booms off of it in ever direction. It also helps if the coin is mark-free and well struck. Since your images are relatively small I cannot tell all the attributes of your coin other than it looks beautiful. It must truly be special if it received the * designation.

Tom,

First let me say thank you for your comments.

Now about the coin! This is the nicest Vancouver that I have ever seen. It is BLAST white and looks as if it has a chrome finish. It has a strong strike and the luster is awesome! I already had a very nice MS-65, but when I saw this one I just had to upgrade!

I know what you mean about the size of the photos, but if I make them any larger I can’t attach them to the post. I see other people are able to attach large photos right in the body of their post, but I have not been able to figure out how to do it.

John

John,

I think you and I have very similar tastes, and since I am not a toning fan, that coin looks awesome to me. As far as posting images that are larger, what I do is download the images to my AT&T account (since I use their internet service they give me 10 MB of space to strore stuff) and then link the image to the URL for the photo. I know that's probably not very clear, and I know someone else can explain it better than me!

Jeff

Thanks Jeff!

I feel the same way. I like a blast white silver coin as much as a beautifully toned one, and actually I only like a toned silver coin IF the tone is truly beautiful. I would take a blast white coin over a blotchy, streaked, or dirty toned coin any day. I do however prefer nickel and some copper coins toned.

I am going to check with my ISP to find out where to upload photos so I can use that URL to post the pic’s.

John

John - What TomB said! Very sweet coin, congrats.

As for making the pics "smaller" I find that a 640x480 pic uploaded into Window's native utility Paint, then simply saved with nochanges, "shrinks" the file size to about 50k.

Hoot