• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lafayette Dollar

6 posts in this topic

Photograph is not good enough to get much from it. But myself, I think I would pass unless I could see it in person.

The guy gives a fifteen day return so if you don't like it send it back but he does say it has hairlines so that most likely means it has obvious hairlines from a cleaning and the picture looks too odd to get the real look of the coin. Good luck. mike smile.gif

Definately AT. You did not miss much on this one, but then again you can't get decent Lafayette Dollars for much less than this.

Most of the orginal coins at this price have dark gray toning. If you don't like that, a dipped or cleaned one will sell for somewhere in this range, Bright AUs do get into PCGS and NGC holders, but don'd kid yourself into thinking that they have not been dipped. Virtually all of them have been.