• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what specific coin(s) will be the darling of the market next year?

13 posts in this topic

i think it will be three things

seated coinage

barber coinage

lib nicks

early commems

deep/ultra cameo pre 1915 proof coins

well more then three..............lol

what are your opinions?

sincerely michael grin.gifooo.gifsmile.gif

I have no clue, but if I am selling I hope it's everything I own, if I am buying, I hope it's everything else! grin.gif

chris !!

never be afriad to say what you think if you believe in it there are no wrong answers

as long as you like what you collect and buy for fun and value and with discretionary funds

and you specialize and know alla bout what you collect them you WILL NEVER GO WRONG!

thnaks for all the great responses

sincerely michael

never be afriad to say what you think if you believe in it there are no wrong answers

There are if you're on the other forums. smirk.gifsmirk.gif

I wish I knew what coin would be hot next year. I'll bet against proof/mint sets. Perhaps commems since I'm trying to put together a set. Probably a quasi-modern series.

I think its a pretty safe bet to follow the maturing new collectors. My guess is Walkers in the short set years, common date higher-grade type coins, and Mercs, Buffs, and Peace dollars. I'd look for the modern collectors on an $300 month coin budget to start building collections in more mainstream areas of interest. As for the higher-end stuff, I'd expect the correction in gold will spark some interest there. With the recent tightening of certain grading standards at certain companies (is that vague enough), it will be a cherrypickers market for those still buying newly holdered coins, but I believe many dealers are holding much of their inventory off the market waiting on a condition change. My guess is that will make them less interested in buying new material as their inventories bloat. I look for a quiet year, and a good year for buyers.

all great comments and for me all correct!

pushkin comments on the toned indians reb brown and brown monster toned or nicely toned is absolutely correct really uncommon as such raee monster toned in brown designation also in rb but it has to have the right look!

and totLLY UNDERVALUED even better looking and more rare then their full red proof counterparts also for me

many so called graded red indians many many many in proof and ms red format are reALLY NOT that all full red to begin with

and many if full red have other negative eye appeal aspects that really turn mee off

sincerely michael

131529-99pfrb65.jpg.f43dd5c4f5962c39d0b803b8cdcaefc2.jpg