• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

History in 1935: The Numismatist, The Recent Recommendation on Commemorative Coins

7 posts in this topic

Are all the issues archived ?  Might be interesting to see how some of our favorite coins were talked about in articles, opinion pieces, etc.

I'd be fascinated to see what they said about Double Eagles and also FDR's gold prohibition.(thumbsu

On 9/24/2024 at 3:56 PM, GoldFinger1969 said:

Are all the issues archived ?  Might be interesting to see how some of our favorite coins were talked about in articles, opinion pieces, etc.

I'd be fascinated to see what they said about Double Eagles and also FDR's gold prohibition.(thumbsu

Not sure what you mean. :eyeroll:

On 9/25/2024 at 7:53 AM, leeg said:

Not sure what you mean. 

I'm just wondering if The Numismatist had articles of the day talking about collecting or buying Double Eagles (or other trophy coins of today)....as well as commentaries on FDR's gold bans.

I don't know if all the issues of The Numismatist are available or not.  Maybe Roger or another vet here knows.

@GoldFinger1969--The ANA website indicates that all issues of The Numismatist, going back to its inception in 1888, are available to ANA members through the ANA website. See https://www.money.org/numismatist/.  I think that the same content is also available through the Newman Numismatic Portal, https://nnp.wustl.edu/.

On 9/25/2024 at 11:18 AM, GoldFinger1969 said:

I'm just wondering if The Numismatist had articles of the day talking about collecting or buying Double Eagles (or other trophy coins of today)....as well as commentaries on FDR's gold bans.

I don't know if all the issues of The Numismatist are available or not.  Maybe Roger or another vet here knows.

Sandon hit the nail on the head.

Both are super references for whatever you need Numismatically!