• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What would be the best cheapest way to get the most coins graded at NGC?
1 1

35 posts in this topic

On 9/23/2024 at 4:48 PM, J P M said:

I think this thread is getting too long and confusing. I would suggest starting a new thread for every coin you want to post Halbrook.

OK sorry about that. Should I ask the same question per coin? How is my grading skills coming along? This one store I go to has lots of GB and Canada stuff. A bit over melt. Maybe like $4 to $7 per coin. Some of the SS ones have a low mintage. 

If by "60" you mean Mint State, that's being a bit over- confident. AU is the adjectival grade below MS and I am afraid there is too much wear evident on the obverse and debris-filled fields on the reverse to support either of those two grades.  I have no familiarity with Canadian coins but I would peg this coin as a VF.

I have found in collecting my own series, FR20FrGRs, that without either a good photo or an actual Mint State example in your hand, it is difficult if not impossible to appreciate what any given coin in lesser grades should look like when new.

On 9/23/2024 at 8:07 PM, Greenstang said:

As stated previously, put each coin in a seperate thread even if you ask the same question to avoid confusion.

Sorry, carry on.