• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I don't think a legitimate transaction can be completed here.

16 posts in this topic

With all the six figure coins and misrepresented coins, I don't think I will make any offerings here. Refer to my eBay store. I have limited listings but post new stuff in the first two weeks of every January.

On 8/17/2024 at 5:21 PM, powermad5000 said:

With all the six figure coins and misrepresented coins, I don't think I will make any offerings here. Refer to my eBay store. I have limited listings but post new stuff in the first two weeks of every January.

The newer ownership of NGC doesn’t care. These private equity S-O-B’s couldn’t possibly care less about this forum. It’s all profit maximization all the time with these slimy bastards. Same with PCGS. There is NO HONOR among these thieves. 

Edited by VKurtB

On 8/18/2024 at 1:54 PM, Just Bob said:

It is sad to see it being taken over by scammers and charlatans

The INEVITABLE end of just about EVERYTHING on the Internet. The lowest common denominator always prevails. You see where I choose to spend my money, right? I’d rather spend a couple of thou flying to Germany than deal online. 

Edited by VKurtB

On 8/17/2024 at 3:21 PM, powermad5000 said:

On 8/18/2024 at 11:04 AM, CBC said:

I have given up on trying to sell here.  Legitimate offers of collectible couns for sale get lost in all of the spam posts and pocket change described as magnificent rarities.  It appears that all collectors have abandoned this forum.  EBay has gone way over the top with fees, but at least things sell there.  I got zero responses on my last three sales attempts here and wound up selling all of them at higher prices on eBay while fees more than ate up the difference.  

While you both make some good points there is more than just the scammers at play here.   It is a truth that this forum is very lightly populated with lurkers and even less so with regular posters, there are just too few eyeballs.   I disagree with the sentiment that a legitimate transaction cannot be done here, I have done many deals both here and on the PCGS forum.   But as a seller you have to know that here, and even on the PCGS forum, the number of people that will see your goods for sale is tiny when compared to ebay, Heritage, GC, and even FB groups.

And this is not meant as a criticism @powermad5000 but this thread would have been better placed in the US coins section; by starting this discussion thread in the marketplace area you are doing the very same thing that the scammers are by pushing down legitimate for sale threads.

On 8/18/2024 at 4:30 PM, Coinbuf said:

And this is not meant as a criticism @powermad5000 but this thread would have been better placed in the US coins section; by starting this discussion thread in the marketplace area you are doing the very same thing that the scammers are by pushing down legitimate for sale threads.

I feel it may be or you wouldn't have said it. I don't think think this thread by one person who has decided to not try to sell on here is the thing that sunk the whole forum so to speak. If anybody comes here and sees all the spam from you know who dominating the first two pages of the forum probably won't make it to the third page.

🐓  :  Have no fear gentlemen, she is no longer here.  Her name is now mud and she, and her 23 hysterical posts, have been excised by management.

wuh, wow....so this is why everything is seperated and hidden?

i remember all the interactions when the coinees came by.

i was hoping to query about purchasing gold here, but since im being trusted with this,safe to assume go to a coin dealer?

thanks.

Edited by Silvers24

On 8/21/2024 at 10:27 AM, Silvers24 said:

wuh, wow....so this is why everything is seperated and hidden?

i remember all the interactions when the coinees came by.

i was hoping to query about purchasing gold here, but since im being trusted with this,safe to assume go to a coin dealer?

thanks.

Whatever you do, do not jump at the first price. Buying gold has a seriously bad buy/sell spread these days, meaning you pay out the nose and get lowballed when you sell.

Damn it, might look into other methods, person would rather have something else to hold onto then just cash in the house. i suggested gold and hold onto that instead,

metal, easy to hide, or lose but will survive a house fire.

wonder if bitcoin might be best then..

The Only way to make Consistent Sales on eBay is to Sell Cheap to Repeat Buyers. Otherwise you have to Advertise to get Viewers which leads to Sales. You can promote your items for a % of your Final Salve Value, You can go on here and Spam for Buyers, Contact Previous Buyers and offer them Discounts thru eBay Messages, or you can just wait Patiently for something to Come Your Way like Fishing. Have a Desireable Lure, Fish Oil, and a Killer Price. Don't forget to Have Welcoming UserName. It's 100X safer than a NonRegulated Site. And in case I was Missed... Check Out My eBay Store, Mention this Post for $5 off a Morgan Dollar Lot

Jaymurdem@ eBay

This isn't about selling coins on eBay, it is for selling them on here.

I am preparing a short list of things that I will eventually list on eBay but might put the list here and let people have first crack at them so to speak. A presale if you will, as I list all my slabs on eBay eventually, but I wouldn't mind letting people here "cherrypick" them first.