• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

VDB Coins Auctions at Great Collections: Two Complete PCGS Registry Sets, Hundreds of (Mostly) Toned Mint State Wheat Reverse Lincoln Cents 1909-58

30 posts in this topic

On 8/7/2024 at 11:26 PM, Coinbuf said:

ttt to bring a true for sale thread back to the top.

Thanks kindly for the bump! George/ VDBCoins.com

On 8/9/2024 at 11:28 PM, powermad5000 said:

Very nice cents! Thank you for sharing!  (thumbsu

So far, Great Collections has only listed about half of the Lincoln, Wheat cents that will be coming available this fall. They have listed coins (including other non-Lincoln material: toner/brilliant Buffalo nickels, toner/brilliant Morgans (a few of those), some miscellaneous type, and so on. But the bulk is the Lincolns. Many of them don't have photos yet and/or their proprietary GreatPhotos yet, either. I had a chat with Ian (GC CEO) the day before he left for ANA, and he said they were bringing some of our Lincolns to exhibit at ANA. How many or which, I don't know. But he explained that, of course, they can't finish up the photography and getting all the GreatPhotos done until they get back home. I think his goal was midweek, next week. But there are three batches of Lincolns so far listed and marketed as The VDB Collection of Lincoln Cents, and there are live links to those coins from the homepage (see the list of upcoming auctions near the bottom). They are closing on successive Sundays, Sept. 1, Sept. 8, and Sept. 15. Many of them are CAC as well, and many (I would say most) have Trueviews. (If you see a coin you're interested in with no photo or no GreatPhoto, look at the PCGS cert # at the bottom of each coin page and then go to www.pcgs/com/cert and enter the cert # to see if it has a Trueview available.) But even after that, there will still be other weeks of more high-quality, mostly toned Lincolns on offer. They just haven't had time to get to those yet, and obviously need to finish up the earlier auctions first. Thanks for everybody here who has expressed interest and support. Kind regards, George / VDBCoins.com

Thanks @Coinbuf! Most (not all) of the coins (cents and others in our consignment) closing on Sept. 1 are now showing GreatPhotos as well.
#vdbcoins #greatcollections #toner #tonedlincolns #tonedmorgans #cac #pcgscoin #tonedbuffalos

On 8/14/2024 at 1:15 PM, ThePhiladelphiaPenny said:

Wow, nice coins. I'm a fan of the '26 S.

Yep, very tough date. So is the 14-S in 65BN in the same auction. Thanks, kind regards, George

Thanks to everyone who is supporting this thread! I hope some of you will be bidding! Kind regards, George

On 8/16/2024 at 7:07 AM, VDBCoins said:

Thanks to everyone who is supporting this thread! I hope some of you will be bidding! Kind regards, George

I would love to bid on these pieces, but they are guaranteed way too expensive for me. I certainly will look for them though!

On 8/16/2024 at 8:25 PM, Rod D. said:

Bump. I bid on a few today.  

Thanks Rod! PS Many of these coins still have bids of $1 and $2, so there are many pieces to get your foot in the door on! Kind regards, George

Hard to keep one's head above water with all the fake "error" spam going on. Some people should get a life. Anyway, the coin below is one of dozens I have in our current Great Collections consignment. Kind regards, George

1c 1926-S MS65BN PCGS 34407170 Trueview Ex Abe.jpg

Posted (edited)

This coin is finally getting some attention (although not yet nearly enough!) in our auctions at Great Collections.  1914-D MS65BN PCGS CAC. I looked at about six or seven different coins over the years in this, the highest grade I could afford, before choosing this one. Enjoy! Kind regards, George

1c 1914-D MS65BN PCGS CAC Trueview 43241646 1080x540.jpg

Edited by VDBCoins

I don't want to sound like a Spoiled Upper Class Collector, but those Penny's are Extremely Boring. There under 100 Years old and if it weren't for the Wheat Sprigs on the Back they'd be Current Issue. Try finding something better to Push on the Market that's Worth more than $5. I Would personally recomend Colonial Era English Coins as well as Revolutionary War and Civil War Coins. NGC 50 or more, 25% of the Collection Toned to some degree, and don't forget to have CAC Stickers. I'd buy 2 from you if you provided these services. No one sells High End and Rare. Be the First and Biggest Corporation to do this.

Well, no worries, you certainly don't sound Upper Class to me. I'll not dignify this except to say that people should collect what they want. They're (not There) actually up to 115 years old, and they're not pennies (yeah, Penny's is not a plural, and those are English; I thought you should know that). The highest-priced coin in the first batch that sold yesterday, a 1911-S Lincoln cent MS66BN PCGS with CAC sticker, was $6,250 plus Buyer's Premium, bringing it close to $7,000. I'm not pushing anything. I'm doing some marketing. Please don't step on my ads, but rather make your own. That's how you show some Class.

Edited by VDBCoins
typo

On 9/3/2024 at 1:58 AM, Captain Murder said:

I don't want to sound like a Spoiled Upper Class Collector, but those Penny's are Extremely Boring. There under 100 Years old and if it weren't for the Wheat Sprigs on the Back they'd be Current Issue. Try finding something better to Push on the Market that's Worth more than $5. I Would personally recomend Colonial Era English Coins as well as Revolutionary War and Civil War Coins. NGC 50 or more, 25% of the Collection Toned to some degree, and don't forget to have CAC Stickers. I'd buy 2 from you if you provided these services. No one sells High End and Rare. Be the First and Biggest Corporation to do this.

I believe that these pieces are worth at least $150. That 1909 is worth a nice $200 maybe? And then that 1926S is worth north of $2000.