• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

long turnaround
2 2

10 posts in this topic

Submission #6891707 economy & Submission #6891708 standard were received by NGC on 3/14, but still in Grading/Quality Control. NGC states 10 days for standard and 20 days for economy. 31 days and nothing happening seems a bit long.

• Administrator

Hello @drmusc,

Thank you for reaching out. I have sent you an email directly explaining the status of your submission. Please let us know if you have any additional questions. 

Posted (edited)

The two medals/tokens I sent for Conservation are still in the "Received" status after more than a month. Seems long to me as well.

Edited by Dieuwer

@Dieuwer--Welcome to the NGC chat board. The likely reason that you haven't received an answer from the NGC staff is because you posted your question on someone else's topic to which they had already responded. I recommend that you create a new topic for your inquiry. You could also contact NGC Customer Service at (855) 472-3310 or service@NGCCoin.com.

Today ( 9AUG2024 ) marks Day 80 for my World Economy coins that were submitted mid March! They have been awaiting encapsulation for quite a few weeks now. I know that turnaround times are estimates only and not guaranteed, but it would be helpful and save a lot of time and "steam" if the website could be updated instead of being stuck at 70 days, seemingly permanently.....I notice a huge quantity of low value post 1965 GB coins - a lot of them new issues dated 2024 - being auctioned by Heritage over the last few months. Might just be a coincidence but for such World Modern coins to take 20 days to be processed for a few dollars less defies logic..my enquiries receive the usual platitudes which is really irritating. I have been a member for quite some years now and it is rare that I feel the need to post on a forum, but there seems no other way to express my feelings. 

Well, today ( 9SEP2024 ) marks Day 95 for these World Economy coins......coincidentally, I notice that the estimated turnaround time for new such submissions has shot up from 78 days to 88 days. World Modern has also gone up by quite a few days. Old timers seem quite critical of my dissatisfaction but I have paid good money upfront , unlike PCGS , for a service that is very poor. And seems to be deteriorating rapidly. I ask again, WHAT is going on!

Edited by POLDAN
Continued delay in grading.

• Administrator
On 5/11/2024 at 4:29 PM, Dieuwer said:

The two medals/tokens I sent for Conservation are still in the "Received" status after more than a month. Seems long to me as well.

Hello @Dieuwer, I first want to apologize that your question was missed. We do try to go back and check all topics for responses from additional customers but we missed yours. We apologize for this and for the extended turnaround time for your submission. I noticed it was shipped back in July, so I hope that all is well with the coins. Thank you again and please let us know if you have any questions or concerns in the future. 

• Administrator
On 8/9/2024 at 4:33 AM, POLDAN said:

Today ( 9AUG2024 ) marks Day 80 for my World Economy coins that were submitted mid March! They have been awaiting encapsulation for quite a few weeks now. I know that turnaround times are estimates only and not guaranteed, but it would be helpful and save a lot of time and "steam" if the website could be updated instead of being stuck at 70 days, seemingly permanently.....I notice a huge quantity of low value post 1965 GB coins - a lot of them new issues dated 2024 - being auctioned by Heritage over the last few months. Might just be a coincidence but for such World Modern coins to take 20 days to be processed for a few dollars less defies logic..my enquiries receive the usual platitudes which is really irritating. I have been a member for quite some years now and it is rare that I feel the need to post on a forum, but there seems no other way to express my feelings. 

Hello @POLDAN, thank you for reaching out to us and for expressing your concerns. I apologize that your submission has surpassed the posted turnaround time estimate and for any inconvenience or frustration this has caused you. While we do try to make them as accurate as possible, actual turn times may run longer. I have notified our team of your request to update the posted turnaround time so it will be taken into consideration. 

Grading tier turnaround times are calculated by the submission volumes we receive. The World Economy tier has the longest turnaround time because we receive the largest volume of submissions in this tier. Tiers with faster turnaround times have less submission volume which takes less time to process (grading teams are separated by US/World and Modern/Vintage). I hope this helps explain why your submissions are taking as long as they are. Additionally, we had a portion of our grading team away during the ANA show but they are back in the office in full swing working on submissions. 

I would say if you dont see your submissions shipped in the next 5-7 business days, please follow up with us via email at service@NGCCoin.com and we will launch a ticket with our processing team to investigate the delay. 

We thank you kindly for your patience and for trusting us with your collectibles. Rest assured that we are working hard to complete submissions as quickly as possible while still maintaining our quality standards. Thank you again for reaching out and please do let us know if we may assist you in the future. 

I also got a notification on April 25th that my submission was received, but it is still in QC.
What's even funnier is that the grading dealer in my country already received my submission in June, and is distributing the graded coins to those who submitted their coins through the grading dealer.
I thought it would be faster for me to submit my coins directly than through the grading dealer, but if it takes longer to submit directly, why would you allow direct submissions?

• Administrator
On 8/16/2024 at 11:43 AM, tmdgur992 said:

I also got a notification on April 25th that my submission was received, but it is still in QC.
What's even funnier is that the grading dealer in my country already received my submission in June, and is distributing the graded coins to those who submitted their coins through the grading dealer.
I thought it would be faster for me to submit my coins directly than through the grading dealer, but if it takes longer to submit directly, why would you allow direct submissions?

Hello! I have contacted the team in house to confirm why these submissions are still in house from April. Once I have more information, I will follow up with you via email. Thank you for letting us know!