• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this called a chip, also?
1 1

4 posts in this topic

   The deformity above the letters "ST" on the obverse is just post-mint damage commonly referred to as a "rim ding" or dent.  Notice the damage to the tops of the letters, which would have occurred after the coin was struck. The hit was apparently hard enough to cause the corresponding outward deformity above "TE" on the reverse.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
1 1