• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

According to my wife, "Its just common sense"

3 posts in this topic

Last night I had one of the best coin related conversations ever with my wife. I thought it would be interesting to share with the board.

I have just completed my reading of Coin World, in particluar Maurices Rosens's interview with NOE about the OHIO coin fund and QDB's commentary on gradeflation. (Note: the interview with NOE for those of you who didn't read the article was just before all the sh_t hit the fan). I mentioned to my wife that alot of dealers associated with the coin fund made a good deal of money the last few years, not so much as a result of their management ability, but the ability to leverage a large pool of fresh money to play the "crack out" game.

Her response was: You can't blame the dealers. They deal with coins and are in the business to make money. So if the grading services loosen their standards every couple of years to entice more submissions the dealers are going to take advantage of it and get coins upgraded. I would blame the grading services, not the dealers - "Its just common sense".

So I pointed out QDB's article about grade flation on how most coins today have been graded to death with alot of coins being graded much higher today than they were a few years ago. She replied: Yeah and once they get over graded they will stay in the that holder and no one will want them. I replied thats what we call coffin coins. Her reponse: "thats what I call common sense"

Needless to say I was very proud of the wife last night.

"Needless to say I was very proud of the wife last night."

I am proud of her also. Now, if coin dealers and collectors also had common sense, then a lot of coins wouldn't be so overvalued.

TRUTH

"Needless to say I was very proud of the wife last night."

I am proud of her also. Now, if coin dealers and collectors also had common sense, then a lot of coins wouldn't be so overvalued.

TRUTH

For once I actually agree with a pacifist wink.gif

PS You ought to get a real sig. line, take mine for example.Now there's a picture that of what it's all about!