• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

International Money Exposition (IMEX)
1 1

10 posts in this topic

Coin and Banknote Show

For those who may be interested, IMEX will be holding its inaugural convention in Nashville, Tennessee, October 26-28, 2023.

Further details as they develop.

PCGS was just, braggadociously, advertising this show (NGC similarly beats their chest), being the official grading service. I'm planning on going and hope to see the NGC/PMG people there, I know they will be.  Planning on going to Pittsburgh as well, 60/40 I'll make it to Pitt.

Additional info:

Venue:  Music Center Center in downtown Nashville.

For particulars, contact IMEX via e-mail at:

Ellsworth@IMEX.show

On 6/5/2023 at 8:14 PM, Henri Charriere said:

Something for our globe-trotting member to consider if his itinerary permits it.  🤣

It does, and I have already offered my services as a volunteer employee for that show. It is the brainchild of Col. Steve Ellsworth and Gary Adkins, both past ANA presidents. Now personally, Steve and Gary are not really my cup o’ tea, but anything I can do to help a southeastern coin show be successful, I’m gonna do, PARTICULARLY if it desires an international flavor. 

On 6/8/2023 at 10:41 AM, VKurtB said:

It does, and I have already offered my services as a volunteer employee for that show. It is the brainchild of Col. Steve Ellsworth and Gary Adkins, both past ANA presidents. Now personally, Steve and Gary are not really my cup o’ tea, but anything I can do to help a southeastern coin show be successful, I’m gonna do, PARTICULARLY if it desires an international flavor. 

...amen on so many different fronts....

Remember, there once was a Nashville Whitman coin show, and it went belly-up.  Nashville is an ideal spot for a super-regional show. And it soon will become an Amtrak city again, too.

On 6/8/2023 at 4:05 PM, VKurtB said:

Remember, there once was a Nashville Whitman coin show, and it went belly-up.  Nashville is an ideal spot for a super-regional show. And it soon will become an Amtrak city again, too.

...i believe there is a major renovation of the airport there $1B+ n upgrade to international status....

On 6/8/2023 at 8:02 PM, zadok said:

...i believe there is a major renovation of the airport there $1B+ n upgrade to international status....

...what would I know... my first flight was aboard the goodyear blimp "mayflower" over the n y world's fair 1965... no boarding pass no metal detector no cash... personal invite from the captain...  :)

... never should have taken silver out of coins!...

On 6/8/2023 at 7:02 PM, zadok said:

Yep, I flew out of Nashville for the Phoenix March ANA show. Nashville Airport is TEMPORARILY a mess, but you can see the improvements coming.