• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ERRORS OR NOT
1 1

10 posts in this topic

I have 3 coins with differeent issues. here is the first one

kennedy havle dollar double die?  it looks like it on the UN and the NT.  

I also have two, i guess, blemishes on some kennedy's as well.  are the laminate errors or just something else?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I agree that based on the photos this Kennedy half dollar exhibits no mint error or die variety. In the future, please post clear, cropped photos of each side of a coin about which you have questions. We can't even tell whether this coin is a 1972 or a 1972-D, which would make it more time consuming to check for known doubled dies or other varieties.

If a coin exhibits a significant mint error or die variety, it will generally be apparent to the unaided eye or at low magnification. If you need to use the level of magnification shown in your photos, any anomaly will generally be considered insignificant and not worth a premium to collectors.

I don't see any errors either, and the first one appears to have some deteriorated die or machine doubling (MD).  See the graphic attached to this post which may help with identifying MD in the future ... https://boards.ngccoin.com/topic/430263-basic-resources-glossary-for-those-posting-questions/