• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another Nice Pocket Changer!
1 1

12 posts in this topic

The pictures don't quite do this justice, I really do need to get a more professional camera. This is a 1963 D nickel I found in my pocket change last week. I know it probably isn't worth anything, but I was nevertheless excited when I found it, as it looks very good quality for a before 1965 nickel. Will try to get better photos with my mother's camera later tonight, after I get home from work.

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-22 at 10.47.07 AM-2.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-22 at 10.47.28 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-22 at 10.47.07 AM.jpeg

Nice find. That would be a good one for a coin book. I put the best ones I find in a book until I find a better one to replace it.

It's a nice find in About Uncirculated condition after 60 years, but we could see it better if you would crop your photos. Your photo editing software should enable you to do this.

Please crop your photos before posting. Members enjoy looking at coins rather than dinner napkins. :)

Hey guys, sorry for the short hiatus. I finally got some better pictures of this beautiful and shiny coin, and it looks absolutely stunning. I am not a professional photographer, but I tried the best I could.

1963dimereverse1.png

1963dimeobversebetter1.png

Edited by Pocket Changer

Much better photos, thank you. Some might complain they are too washed out with light now, but for this coin I think they will suffice. Good find! As I stated before I usually find any pre 1970 nickels in much worse condition than that. Not submission worthy, but still keeper worthy and album worthy. (thumbsu

On 4/10/2023 at 11:39 PM, powermad5000 said:

Much better photos, thank you. Some might complain they are too washed out with light now, but for this coin I think they will suffice. Good find! As I stated before I usually find any pre 1970 nickels in much worse condition than that. Not submission worthy, but still keeper worthy and album worthy. (thumbsu

In my opinion the light makes all the features easier to see. I specifically tried to do it in the light because I saw that it gave better quality to the features. I don't currently have a coin album (except a state quarter album that used to be my brothers). I will look into getting an album, or some holders maybe. Do you have any inexpensive ones that you'd recommend, like from amazon or something?

On 4/10/2023 at 11:39 PM, powermad5000 said:

I also have a 1964 d nickel and 1964 nickel that I got in pocket change, and they are both much worse for wear, though still surprisingly nice considering! I also have a 1940 nickel in pretty poor quality, so I agree with you that this was a nice, rare find!

Very nice find.  As JPM suggested it might be a good one for a coin album.  I like the Littleton coin albums, like the attached one for 1938-1975 Jefferson nickels, since they are very well made and have spines with the album name so you can see what they are on a bookcase.

Littleton Nickel Album 1938-1975.jpg

Storage - Littleton Albums.jpg

Edited by EagleRJO