• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Most recent newp

11 posts in this topic

On 3/9/2023 at 5:26 PM, J P M said:

It is nice, I tried to look up the number but did not find a listing for it?

Nor did I,   maybe someone much more knowledgeable than I will chime in as to why the cert does not show up, nothing appears to be unusual about the coin or the slab.  If need be I will call pcgs next wk.

I've occasionally seen older PCGS and NGC holders like this one whose serial numbers weren't recognized by the certificate verification function. This style of holder hasn't been used since September 1989. See PCGS Museum of Coin Holders: Generation 1.2, 1986-1989. The coin and holder appear to be genuine insofar as I can tell from your photos. I would contact PCGS customer service to determine how this might be resolved.  

On 3/9/2023 at 4:51 PM, chris585858 said:

Nor did I,   maybe someone much more knowledgeable than I will chime in as to why the cert does not show up, nothing appears to be unusual about the coin or the slab.  If need be I will call pcgs next wk.

Sometimes as @Sandon mentioned the database gets corrupted and a stray old cert gets lost.   However, this can also happen when PCGS has become aware of a problem such as a counterfeit.   I would contact PCGS CS and see if they are aware of any issues with this cert number, most likely just a database glitch but better to check and be sure.

I have a Nickel I was looking at when you look it up it shows a Sacagawea reverse on the photo. So ya mistakes are made .