• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Guess the grade
1 1

13 posts in this topic

I find some aspects of the coin difficult to discern due to the paleness of the photos, and there is a strange lump beneath Washington's lowest curl.  Based on what I can see, I would give a grade range of MS 65-66.

Your "pretty easy " comment made me laugh.  About 15 years ago I thought about getting into collecting more modern coins,(I collect seated coins).   I bought about 15 1958-D quarters in grades 64 thru 66.  Then about every other month I would take them out, (all grades previously covered with masking tape).  I figured when I could spot the different grades with ease I would be ready to try my hands at building some sort of collection.  I never broke the 50% barrier and ended up selling all the coins.

With that in mind I guess your coins is a 65.  Not because I feel that way but rather other people suggested that grade.  James

I am sorry, I collect Eagle back quarters and would not pay more than 64 money for that one. 

First a DISCLAIMER:

I am not big on tones and colors. I also think that strike is part of the grade

There are too many marks on the obverse or me to call it a 66 and the reverse is not sharp enough for me to go to a 65. It is a NICE coin and I would put it in my collection for 64 money 

In a blind test I often come in at least one point below PCGS... but that is just me