• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

US Coin 30th anniversary walking liberty with double lettering on the edge

6 posts in this topic

On 2/14/2023 at 1:51 PM, FrederickMorris said:

US Coin 30th anniversary walking liberty with double lettering on the edge - this may have been address at one point but I hadn't viewed those replies and am wondering if anyone has seen this before?

Are you talking about ASEs ?

You need to write in COMPLETE sentences and give more details....we can't guess on stuff this specific. (thumbsu

To my knowledge, no one has ever reported a 2016 American Eagle Silver Bullion Coin with doubled edge lettering. (Presumably, it is an uncirculated quality bullion issue, not a proof or other collector version.)  If the doubling is bold and on all or most of the lettering, it could be a significant discovery, at least for collectors of modern coins.

As others have said, we can't offer any opinion without clear photographs, preferably of the entire edge of the coin, as well as its obverse and reverse.  I did this through a series of edge photographs using a digital microscope that works with my personal computer and the photo editing software that comes with the operating system.  You might want to review the following topic that I posted, along with the comments of other members of the forum who suggested the use of a flashlight reflector to photograph the entire edge as a ring that appears to encircle the coin:

On 2/14/2023 at 8:50 PM, Sandon said:

To my knowledge, no one has ever reported a 2016 American Eagle Silver Bullion Coin with doubled edge lettering. (Presumably, it is an uncirculated quality bullion issue, not a proof or other collector version.)  If the doubling is bold and on all or most of the lettering, it could be a significant discovery, at least for collectors of modern coins.

As others have said, we can't offer any opinion without clear photographs, preferably of the entire edge of the coin, as well as its obverse and reverse.  I did this through a series of edge photographs using a digital microscope that works with my personal computer and the photo editing software that comes with the operating system.  You might want to review the following topic that I posted, along with the comments of other members of the forum who suggested the use of a flashlight reflector to photograph the entire edge as a ring that appears to encircle the coin:

thank you, i will