• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does anybody else use "blank" Dansco binders and pages for "homemade" albums?

8 posts in this topic

I made these S. Korean albums out of Dansco's blank products.  Hot-foil stamped covers, acrylic paint spines, and clear address labels for labeling the holes.  Also, my albums are sort of unique in that they were assembled purposely to accommodate Airtite-brand coin capsules.

Screen Shot 2023-02-10 at 11.35.12 AM copy.png

I personally do not, but there are a couple of members of the PCGS forum that do so and have posted examples of their home done albums.   Nice work on yours incorporating the airtite holder, first time I have seen that done.

Sure, I do this extensively with many world coins. Here’s something that will blow your mind - Dansco used to offer custom made front cover and spine lettering in their scripty font. I do not know if they still do. I have one for Red Rose Coin Club medals. 

On 2/10/2023 at 12:20 PM, VKurtB said:

Sure, I do this extensively with many world coins. Here’s something that will blow your mind - Dansco used to offer custom made front cover and spine lettering in their scripty font. I do not know if they still do. I have one for Red Rose Coin Club medals. 

Yes, I've seen their order form for this service at a coin shop once.  Perhaps they did that back when they were in Los Angeles.  I doubt they do it now.  (But I sure bet they're glad they've left LA~!)

On 2/10/2023 at 12:31 PM, mlovmo said:

Yes, I've seen their order form for this service at a coin shop once.  Perhaps they did that back when they were in Los Angeles.  I doubt they do it now.  (But I sure bet they're glad they've left LA~!)

It was not a safe neighborhood.

On 2/11/2023 at 6:46 PM, ldhair said:

I'm using the blank pages for US Large cents. It lets me arrange the coins the way I want.

Now there's GOT to be a US Large cent album that Dansco makes! 

Is yours customized somehow?

On 2/11/2023 at 7:37 PM, mlovmo said:

Now there's GOT to be a US Large cent album that Dansco makes! 

Is yours customized somehow?

I'm sure Dansco makes one but I don't care for it. I would never fill all the holes.