• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1983 Copper weight 3. Is this worth anything other than a penny
1 1

36 posts in this topic

On 2/10/2023 at 12:00 AM, bobbyboshay said:

Now this is what I was talking about information thanks for the correction jobs prescription of Our Gang  no opinion was giving just facts thanks 

Everyone gave their opinion. You got the wrong kind of scale. The coin is zinc and not copper.  The coin is a very slight misaligned die that is very common and adds no value. The coin is worth 1 cent. What else do you want to know about it? What are we missing? 

On 2/9/2023 at 7:38 PM, bobbyboshay said:

Look at the coin all these opinions no one mentions anything about the rim alignment with that being said I appreciate everyone opinions but did anyone with there predictions look at the alignment no because no one interest in the coin but concerned about the coin not being real I want you to give a opinions on the coin not worrying about it the one help the community with others issues with the coin who care if it the one or not keep in mind it’s just a Penny 1 cent uno that’s all so when you express giving information look at the coin and talk about it not how much someone don’t know this and that did you ever think I don’t have the answer that why I posted so with that said since all the coins Guru said it’s not the one can we talk about other issues going on with the coin since you took the time out to use some much Brain energy up on nothings tried to find something about the coin other then the weight so the community can learn thanks to all the high priest for you expert opinion  wow all this conversation over 1 cents it’s a Penny guy  

Bobby, it took me about two seconds to look at your 1 cent and the scale reading to know the slight misalignment of the strike is well within mint tolerance and would have nothing to do with the weight of the original struck planchet. Your scale is far from accurate as others have stated in this thread. What is insulting to us is that you made a post to ask opinions about a coin you featured and upon getting those opinions you have instantly become defensive and combative. That has no place in this forum. Most of the members in this forum are well seasoned and quite knowledgeable about this hobby. Have some respect.

On 2/10/2023 at 11:39 AM, powermad5000 said:

Bobby, it took me about two seconds to look at your 1 cent and the scale reading to know the slight misalignment of the strike is well within mint tolerance and would have nothing to do with the weight of the original struck planchet. Your scale is far from accurate as others have stated in this thread. What is insulting to us is that you made a post to ask opinions about a coin you featured and upon getting those opinions you have instantly become defensive and combative. That has no place in this forum. Most of the members in this forum are well seasoned and quite knowledgeable about this hobby. Have some respect.

I myself am waaaay seasoned. Coriander, among more ordinary ones. 

On 2/10/2023 at 12:00 AM, bobbyboshay said:

Now this is what I was talking about information thanks for the correction jobs prescription of Our Gang  no opinion was giving just facts thanks 

How about this:  in my opinion you need a new scale with at least 0.01g accuracy; in my opinion the misaligned die is of no consequence as it's within mint tolerances; and, in my opinion it's likely you have a Zinc 1983 cent due to the improbability it is copper.