• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NGC Labeling error

6 posts in this topic

I'm pretty sure if you just have them reholder due to a mechanical error, as long as you can provide documentation of why it was reholdered and the serial number, they will resticker. I think! 

Sweet coin! Can you post the reverse also? 

Edited by bsshog40

On 2/5/2023 at 4:16 PM, gmarguli said:

The cert number will not change when they fix this error. You can send it back to CAC and they should re-sticker it without issue.

Not sure about this Greg, I had NGC fix a mechanical error last year and the cert number did change for my coin.   @JIM F. I would suggest calling NGC customer service, if the cert number will indeed stay the same then CAC will reapply a new sticker, you will have to pay the $3 fee and shipping back and forth to CAC.   When I had my coin label fixed last year NGC covered all the costs to have the label fixed.

If the cert number changes CAC may still resticker the coin for the $3 fee if you provide the paperwork to prove this was just a reholder situation with NGC.   But you are correct that in this situation it is not automatic.

Edited by Coinbuf

Once a CAC coin, always a CAC coin. Really doesn't need the sticker if the number stays the same. By the way I have had my reholdered coins restickered [in early days] for free. However the key here is that basic tier coins may never be stickered again.