• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Constantine the Great ERA Roman Empire 330 AD
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I picked these up for  5 dollars a piece. I'll post the other in a few. I picked them up because I didn't want to drive back a hundred and fifty miles back. I kept asking this guy about these, but he said they were given to him and know nothing about these. The reason I wasn't going to pay more because this coin here doesn't look right. I have no clue about these either. But how did they come up with what this coin is, without markings. Thanks 

20230205_045810.jpg

20230205_045834.jpg

First ,I know it is only $5 but these type holders I am not to sure about. There is no way to know what it is in the holder? 

Edited by J P M

Yeah, that's a JGS. They're just guessing based on apparent composition. I see nothing on that item to attribute, not even weight, since it seems uncertain that's even a coin. If it is, it has lost any detail it ever had. Even if it were a clean, attributable small Constantine copper, value would run to maybe $8. So $5 is definitely too much for one that is none of those things for sure.

You can buy all the ancient bronze coins you could possibly want off ebay auctions, etc. Most are from Romanian hoards and not worth $5 each. Stuff in the condition of your coin might as well be.....