• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heya 2023 coins errors

7 posts in this topic

Hey, so the new 2023 quarter that is going to be released on the 14th of February. Ive noticed that Ive seem many blemish but they also look like errors... would anyone like to help me see the difference. However I am new, but I want to frame them if so. Also hello new family.

IMG_4457.jpeg

IMG_4437.jpeg

Welcome to the CCF

Minor anomalies such as dings, scratches, gouges, die chips, discolouration etc. are not considered errors but damage. The mint is not in the business of striking perfect business strike coins, production at high speed is priority so every coin is not going to be perfect. An error is usually a one off occurrence when there is a malfunction during the striking process. What you have on your quarter is just circulation damage.

On 2/4/2023 at 7:03 AM, ArtLifs said:

Thank you so much for the educational lesson. Love the insight and empowerment. Now I have another one, does this mean my nickles has no value but the five cent worth. 

IMG_4391.jpeg

IMG_4390.jpeg

Welcome, Without checking each coin not really. If your coins were in Mint State or what is called MS they would have a small premium on them. In this condition not much above a face value 

ArtLifs, inn the future please start a new posting for each coin. It causes confusion when there’s is more than one coin per thread.

As far as your nickels go, in that condition the only one that would have a small premium is the 1936 Buffalo. The rest are pretty much faced value.