• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pcgs!! The best

30 posts in this topic

Everyone al yall are mean and unprofessional and I getting the fuxk out ! Can't even ask a question with out yall smart remarks I wouldn't send a plastic coin be graded from yall.!!I READ !! I KNOW BETTWR GRADIN ]PLACE WITH OUT SMART REMARKS 

994ec2ddb1d137ddaac46ddd1caf05dd.png

20230202_150527.jpg

On 2/3/2023 at 10:45 PM, VKurtB said:

Another beginner “error finder” goes completely off the rails deep into a ravine where hopefully his remains will be found someday. 

Generically (not to this poster specifically), I always assume these sentiments are driven by money, not collecting.  I've seen it often enough where it defies common sense that anyone would actually believe it's either that interesting or incur grading fees.

On 2/4/2023 at 1:11 PM, World Colonial said:

Generically (not to this poster specifically), I always assume these sentiments are driven by money, not collecting.  I've seen it often enough where it defies common sense that anyone would actually believe it's either that interesting or incur grading fees.

The number of people who come in here with coins valued at under $1.00 who think it's worth 3 or 4-figures is astounding. :o

We NEVER get someone here who has a plain old worn 1927 Saint and thinks he heard that a 1927(-D) might be worth $1,000,000. xD

Edited by GoldFinger1969

The things that beginners think matter, do not. And what they don’t think matters, like fantastic condition, actually do. Somehow this idea that “different is important” has gotten planted in these people’s minds and it just isn’t so. Better is important, but not different. 

On 2/4/2023 at 7:56 PM, Hoghead515 said:

Im not telling people not to collect them. Im just speaking entirely my opinion. Collect whatever makes you happy.

This would be fine IF they wouldn’t breathlessly ask if they should have these things graded, or obviously think they have found something of value. It’s all 🐂💩, and they need to know it. The creeps that led them astray have no scruples, and it takes tough truth to counteract the disinformation they get in places like YouRube. If they’re looking for Barney the Dinosaur universal validation, they ain’t gonna get it from me. The truth matters more than making people feel good. 

Edited by VKurtB

On 2/4/2023 at 8:56 PM, Hoghead515 said:

Ive not got a thing aginst people collecting errors. Im happy for them if thats what they want to do. Its just a big turn off to me seeing all these little cutsie names given to common die cracks and things. Its all over You Tube videos and other places that spew hype to new collectors. Then when a new collector finds a flaw themselves they instantly want to name it. Now just because a die crack touches one of the devices its suddenly a spitter or a wounded victim and is suddenly selling for $1000 on Ebay. And other new collectors pay those high premiums and get taken advantage of because they think that coin is special where its been hyped up because its been named. Then another You Tube site like Couch Collectables who follow those Ebay sales brag that one those sold for x amount of dollars and gets more newbies looking for stuff like that and the process just keep repeating itself. Everytime one these little minor defects gets discovered there it goes again with another cutsie name that makes people who dont know any better think its something special. All I see when I see those is a worn out die thats starting to give out and starts cracking. I cant stand those minor die chip booger noses and other sorts like that neither. Im not telling people not to collect them. Im just speaking entirely my opinion. Collect whatever makes you happy. Its just a big turn off for me when I see some crazy little name given to every little defect. Personally myself I like to collect the nicest condition coins I can afford. I try to find coins that dont have those flaws if I can find them. Seems either quality control keeps getting worse or the You Tube video hype is getting newer collectors believing this junk is something special. Im blaming the internet sites such as Etsy, You Tube, and others. 

Perfectly said !!  (thumbsu (thumbsu (thumbsu

On 2/7/2023 at 4:40 PM, World Colonial said:

There must be a "safe space" for that, somewhere.  Grief counseling too.

I can’t imagine these types of attitudes in the hallowed halls of academia in which I studied. It makes me physically ill to think of it. My alma mater was founded in 1787. 

On 2/7/2023 at 5:46 PM, VKurtB said:

I can’t imagine these types of attitudes in the hallowed halls of academia in which I studied. It makes me physically ill to think of it. My alma mater was founded in 1787. 

Another example of going totally off the rails, but I will leave it at that.

On 2/3/2023 at 2:41 PM, Errorfinder said:

Everyone al yall are mean and unprofessional and I getting the fuxk out ! Can't even ask a question with out yall smart remarks I wouldn't send a plastic coin be graded from yall.!!I READ !! I KNOW BETTWR GRADIN ]PLACE WITH OUT SMART REMARKS 

994ec2ddb1d137ddaac46ddd1caf05dd.png

20230202_150527.jpg

thmonkey.gif.76fb051d0176ffab53dcd6dadb87014a.gif

throw-computer.gif