• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mr.Errorfinder

14 posts in this topic

What's goin on with this 1922 peace dollar NO MINT mark! Weighs 26.73 grams ??very detailed and it didn't even mess up the details as I can see?should I GET THIS ONE GRADED !??!?!?????

20230126_124401.jpg

Edited by Errorfinder
Change coins

It looks like an early stage Dryer Coin.

Place it on top of a regular cent and see if the diameter is slightly smaller.

PS

Why do you have so much wasted space between your copy and photos?

Edited by Greenstang

You shouldn't have substituted your 1922 Peace dollar for the 1991-D Lincoln cent, since all the replies before this one are about the cent and will confuse future readers! It should have been a new topic! 

Someone put an adhesive substance on the back of the 1922 dollar. It was probably mounted on a wall or other surface.  Due to this damage, it is worth only its silver value.  It is one of the most common silver dollars and isn't worth much more in circulated grades anyway.

Before you can be an "Errorfinder", you need basic knowledge about U.S. coins and their grading and valuation. Please refer to the following topic for print and online resources from which you may obtain such knowledge:

On 2/2/2023 at 2:28 PM, bsshog40 said:

Ya, I got lost opening this thread! Lol

Me too, and was about to reply that it didn't look like a dryer coin but instead some type of adhesive on the reverse, possibly from being glued to a board, until I read Sandon's follow up comment.

@ErrorfinderIt probably wasted a bunch of time and confused people by just swapping out the coin you wanted to discuss.  If you wanted to ask about another coin simply start a new thread, and only post one coin per thread so it doesn't get confusing.

I agree with Sandon that you need to understand what errors are before you can find them, and your making a classic rookie mistake of just thinking anything unusual might me an error.  I have roll hunted for quite a while, as have may others here, and the reality is that most of the time something unusual you find is just a damaged coin.

I would start over and go to the errors and varieties websites as well as the "Resources" thread linked by Sandon above instead of just continuing to spin your own wheels.

Edited by EagleRJO