• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oldhoopster RIP

32 posts in this topic

On 2/2/2023 at 7:25 PM, VKurtB said:

59?!?!? Alright guys, that’s just about enough of this. You really do need to knock this off. We’re supposed to live into our 80’s. Are we exposing ourselves to bad things in numismatics? Silver killing us?

My dad died at 60 years old in 2019. Thats awful young. He had sugar real bad and wouldnt give his legs up. He done lost half his feet on both sides. It resulted in a massive heart attack. Seems like alot of people are passing away at young ages here lately. Im also about to lose a brother in law any day now. Hes on hospice right now. Nothing else they can do for him. 45 years old. Its colon cancer also. 

On 2/2/2023 at 7:25 PM, VKurtB said:

59?!?!? Alright guys, that’s just about enough of this. You really do need to knock this off. We’re supposed to live into our 80’s. Are we exposing ourselves to bad things in numismatics? Silver killing us?

...no its the grading...trying to get to the 70 threshold....

On 2/3/2023 at 1:53 PM, USAuPzlBxBob said:

Years ago, after constant urgings and reminders from my mother to get a colonoscopy, I got one.

I still remember waking up and the doctor whispered in my ear, "I saved your life today. I removed a large polyp."

I think I was still in my thirties.

Since then, I've had at least two more... probably due for another.

RIP Oldhoopster

I need to have one done. Ive never had one and I just hit 40. If my brother in law had had one he may not be sitting and waiting to die at any day now at 45 years old. He was in his 30s when he first found out. Been nice if they coulda found it early enough to do something bout it. 

On 2/3/2023 at 1:53 PM, USAuPzlBxBob said:

Years ago, after constant urgings and reminders from my mother to get a colonoscopy, I got one.

Got my first when i was 50.  I remember the anesthesiologist coming in she told me what she was going to do and how it was going to go. she then held my hand and said you may feel a little pinch... and that is all that i remembered until i woke up.....    i think i to the doc  that if we were in Georgia i think we would be married...  he got a chuckle..   i recommend anyone over 45 to start having them.. it is never too soon or too late to take care of yourself.