• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spitting 🐎
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Just looks like a small die scratch if the line by the mouth is raised, which it appears to be.  Much more pronounced and larger scratches in this area have sold for like $2 to $4 recently on eBay (see attached), likely as just a novelty item.  But I cant see the die scratch on your coin adding much value over the 25C face value since it's so small and not readily visible.  Value for things like this are very dependent on how visible they are with the coin in-hand and no magnification.

I think you are going to drive yourself nuts ... NVTS ... using a scope to find things on coins like this that don't add any value, or the similar "find" in another thread.  I have a scope and only use it to confirm what I am seeing, like it's raised as a die scratch would be, or to check for very specific things like die markers for authentication.

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by EagleRJO

Popular novelty item that the click bait youtube sites love to promote as the type of thing that will make you rich.   These were promoted and hyped when they were first "found" and they did sell for a modest premium at first, some uninformed buyers may still be interested in such items.

Welcome, If you are roll hunting you will find many coins have die cracks. As EagleRJO said, most are common and not worth any extra. I roll hunt all the time and I find some neat stuff and it is fun for me. But finding a Holy Grail coin is unlikely. I have been looking for that 1955 DD and 58 since 1963 with no luck yet.:roflmao: Have fun and soak up the knowledge you will find here it will keep you on the right course.