• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NGC App Has a Glitch - Need Help !!

10 posts in this topic

Hello....I'm trying to add coins to my tiny inventory that is already listed in the NGC App for smartphones.  I have a bunch that I scanned in the past and the NGC App remembered them...but when I go to ADD COIN it asks me to login (which is strange, since I am logged in on the Forums from my smartphone).

Well, I try and login but when I input my Email and Password....I can't hit the SIGN IN button or whatever sends it...because it's cut off (see pic below).

Can someone at NGC fix this App glitch ?

Screenshot_20230126-123840_NGC.jpg

Edited by GoldFinger1969

Uninstalled and then re-installed the NGC app....nothing. ??? 

Still got that stupid image from above with no ability to hit the SIGN IN button or whatever is being cut off.

Edited by GoldFinger1969

It appears I CAN enter coins so long as I enter the numbers and hit the NGC dot to indicate it's an NGC coin....but using the barcode scanner IDs the coin but when I hit the ADD COIN button it goes to that stupid cut-off login. ???

• Administrator

Hello @GoldFinger1969

I am sorry to learn you are having trouble with the NGC app. I was not able to duplicate this issue so this issue may be device specific. The first step to troubleshoot your issue, would be to make sure you are using the most up-to date version of the app. I did notice that the font appears larger than normal. If you have any accessibility options for vision, such as zoom or enlarged fonts, enabled on your phone, you may want to try reducing or turning them off temporarily.  

I have also sent you a direct message, with further instructions should these options not address the issue. 

Thank you and have a good day! 

On 1/29/2023 at 8:16 AM, NickiO CS said:

Hello @GoldFinger1969I am sorry to learn you are having trouble with the NGC app. I was not able to duplicate this issue so this issue may be device specific. The first step to troubleshoot your issue, would be to make sure you are using the most up-to date version of the app. I did notice that the font appears larger than normal. If you have any accessibility options for vision, such as zoom or enlarged fonts, enabled on your phone, you may want to try reducing or turning them off temporarily.   I have also sent you a direct message, with further instructions should these options not address the issue.  Thank you and have a good day! 

Hi Nicki, to keep all informed I am reposting that my App Version U.S. is 1.7.1.32.

A Galaxy S9 was once the flagship for the Android phones and only 4 years old or so... I don't know why it would have a glitch; it's not like it's a knock-off or something.  And again, I am adding coins when I manually enter the certification numbers.

Speaking of which...2 coins said "THIS COIN IS OWNED BY ANOTHER INDIVIDUAL OR REGISTRY" or something along those lines which obviously can't be since the 2 coins are mine and I had them in hand.  Anybody else ever get that message ?

Thanks for trying to help, NGC.  The barcode scanner works great, it would be so much easier to just be able to scan and then add.  Althought at this point in time I pretty much added them all manualy. xD

• Administrator

Hello @GoldFinger1969, hope you're doing well. Please kindly try deleting your cache on the browser you're using on your phone, and trying to sign in again. This can typically be found in the settings of your browser.

Also, for the coins that show they are owned by another individual, I have asked the NGC Registry team to review your request. They will reach out to you directly via email. 

If we can assist with anything else, please let us know. 

Have a good day!