• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Playing with Some Composite Slab Shots

9 posts in this topic

This is one more way that coin photography is problematic. If it requires Photoshop in order to make it look like you want it, THAT’S A PROBLEM. 

On 1/25/2023 at 5:44 PM, VKurtB said:

This is one more way that coin photography is problematic. If it requires Photoshop in order to make it look like you want it, THAT’S A PROBLEM. 

I could get the same look without any edits, it'd simply be lower resolution. Here's an example. The top one is the composite shot, with the coin in high resolution. The second is the regular shot with no edits other than a crop.

mdQDUxRPBTl7L8j-ck1tw3lba8bnK3qxVCzkYbqeBNtSl6U5eew8BRB56d7eRPCtLOKus6h7HQGrXFTpyDndOCUM-FiQenAdvAwyUIoaVL-COMStDnfRfmQNjAr3QwZU06_H-gAe1kRcNFghgMlR70j1mMN1WDkB5OEDwbAn4yC_dokCYm4D8aYuTL6eOgsl1vtzzxgfsPmH1KrCQKP7FURW5P_lY7_aGTL52VqduaU8KvFEUgnhycIGUe_txXbJjJ1S4rjtsijIt6sg0EKSgx6qr6rmmg3dZZWIw0qGijF5sttIZCqvrvxC40XlXnhX5esj2X8AEnl2_MwLve7gRMiuS6dHgMtnM5IZIISZABFv1PLPl8RXTsxzeuOA

On 1/25/2023 at 7:33 PM, FlyingAl said:

I could get the same look without any edits, it'd simply be lower resolution. Here's an example. The top one is the composite shot, with the coin in high resolution. The second is the regular shot with no edits other than a crop.

mdQDUxRPBTl7L8j-ck1tw3lba8bnK3qxVCzkYbqeBNtSl6U5eew8BRB56d7eRPCtLOKus6h7HQGrXFTpyDndOCUM-FiQenAdvAwyUIoaVL-COMStDnfRfmQNjAr3QwZU06_H-gAe1kRcNFghgMlR70j1mMN1WDkB5OEDwbAn4yC_dokCYm4D8aYuTL6eOgsl1vtzzxgfsPmH1KrCQKP7FURW5P_lY7_aGTL52VqduaU8KvFEUgnhycIGUe_txXbJjJ1S4rjtsijIt6sg0EKSgx6qr6rmmg3dZZWIw0qGijF5sttIZCqvrvxC40XlXnhX5esj2X8AEnl2_MwLve7gRMiuS6dHgMtnM5IZIISZABFv1PLPl8RXTsxzeuOA

But they are soo much skinnier! Lol

On 1/25/2023 at 6:36 PM, bsshog40 said:

But they are soo much skinnier! Lol

Ha! I just noticed this too! I copied the photos from my PCGS post for the OP, and I like how they showed up big. For whatever reason, when I paste photos from Docs or import them they show up either low resolution or skinny like this (just discovered that now). xD

On 1/26/2023 at 10:48 AM, RWB said:

He used the new "Diet Coin Slabs" available on special order.....

Is it “Diet” or the newer “Zero Sugar”? I need to try it first. Pretty cool looking for Elongated Coins. 

Edited by VKurtB