• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does anybody have any knowledge of this coin?

3 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Hello @Original Bulldog

Thank you for reaching out and sharing the photos of your coin. I cannot identify or authenticate any coins via photos. Coins must be submitted and evaluated in hand by our grading team. If you would like to submit your coin, you can find instructions here: How to Submit | NGC (ngccoin.com)

If you have any other questions, please let us know. 

Welcome to the NGC chat board.  

I wouldn't submit any coin to a grading service without having a good idea that it is of sufficient value to justify the substantial cost involved.  Your coin appears to be a Spanish colonial (Latin American) piece dated 1711, but there are many worthless modern replicas (fakes) of them. I believe this one is likely such a replica based upon its rough surface and weak detail.  You might want to re-post your inquiry under the "U.S., World, and Ancient Coins" forum to see if a member with more knowledge about these coins could give you another opinion.