• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vault box sets certified by NGC horrible experience
1 1

6 posts in this topic

I set up an account with Vault Box to purchase the series 1 set available today. I signed into the account just before 9:00am PT, at the hour I received a gateway error message. At 9:30 I was able to get on the site and place an order in my bag. At check out I learned it was sold out! This was a horrible experience and wanted you to know. Here’s their link and pics for your information.   https://vaultbox.com. This may have been an interesting set to acquire, but future purchases are very  unlikely in the future. 

F8AB1CBA-F9A1-4A52-BCA3-61027785B39F.png

767E38D3-D9E1-41FA-AC23-8B698BD9E90B.png

• Administrator

Hello @Walter Holmes

While vaultbox.com sells packs of NGC certified coins, they are not a part of Certified Collectibles Group. I am sorry to learn you has a frustrating experience, I would suggest reporting any issues directly to Vaultbox. It looks like they have a contact page on their website. 

If you have any other questions, please let us know. Have a good day. 

On 2/3/2023 at 11:27 AM, Mel_in_PNW said:

I had a feeling this was a scam. You buy 3 coins for $595 and "possibly" snag one among those 3 worth $1000. Sounds like Vegas odds.

And the surprise here is what, exactly?

I have watched a few of the unboxing videos. Looks like a lot of standard bullion ASEs and a lot of 9.9/69 grades. A few 1/10th OZ. gold and platinum pieces. I don't know about scam but, it is definitely a gamble. I guess that is the draw though. I saw also where a lot of people missed out because the website wasn't ready for the volume. (Sounds familiar) This seems like more for the gamblers than the collectors. Not my thing but, they did sell out. A few people will make out decent but, most will lose about half of their money on a box from the looks of it.  

On 2/5/2023 at 2:57 AM, Lem E said:

I have watched a few of the unboxing videos. Looks like a lot of standard bullion ASEs and a lot of 9.9/69 grades. A few 1/10th OZ. gold and platinum pieces. I don't know about scam but, it is definitely a gamble. I guess that is the draw though. I saw also where a lot of people missed out because the website wasn't ready for the volume. (Sounds familiar) This seems like more for the gamblers than the collectors. Not my thing but, they did sell out. A few people will make out decent but, most will lose about half of their money on a box from the looks of it.  

I just can’t express how proud I am of NGC for being associated with this … NOT! The flushing sound you hear is NGC’s reputation going down the commode. This NGCX thing is bad news. 

Edited by VKurtB