• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Provenance and ReHolder question

2 posts in this topic

Hello, 

1) I have a NGC graded coin with provenance on the label (just name of previous owner, irrelevant
to me or to the value of the coin) and would like to get rid off it. What are my options? I assume
that sending coin for ReHolder service won't do the trick as label most likely remains unchanged
as such? ... Can you advise me, please.

2) I have sent coin in older type scratched NGC holder for ReHolder. This was done but the coin
was not photographed in it's new holder which means that when you use “verify NGC
Certification” it's a bit confusing as the holder do not much – if you know what I mean. 
I know that details on the label are the same but still... it could be a concern for potential buyer?
Was it done by mistake or is it normal practice that you don't retake photographs if type of
holder was changed during ReHolder service?

Thank you, Michal

• Administrator

Hello @M.T.

Thank you for your questions! It sounds like the original submitter of your coin requested a pedigree. If you wish to have the original pedigree removed, you can submit the coin for ReHolder service and on your form in large block letters write "PLEASE REMOVE PEDIGREE." If you prefer, you could request a pedigree that relates to you for the $5.00 fee. 

Regarding the image for the reholdered coin, a coin that has been reholdered should also have a new image online. The image may take some time (usually about a week after shipment) to be uploaded, however. If you would like to share the certification number, I can take a look for you. 

Thank you again for reaching out to us and let me know if you have any questions.