• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Individual default change of text cpontrast and scale

3 posts in this topic

NGC Staff,

I am dealing with a very gradual case of cataracts and would like to increase the size and contrast of chat board text. Is there a way for me to change only my default settings to make the text black (instead of gray) and increase size from 14pt to 18 pt?

Thanks

Roger Burdette

Edited by RWB

• Administrator

Hello @RWB,

Thank you for reaching out to us. You can adjust the text size used in your individual messages. However, beyond the text for your own messages. customization would be browser/device dependent. If you would like to view all text in a larger font for the entire Chat Board / Website, you can take a look at the accessibility options for your browser/device. Nearly all browsers will have accessibility options in their settings menu that allow you to adjust the size or zoom percentage for the content displayed. Unfortunately, we cannot change the website color scheme, but I would be happy to provide feedback to our management team and share that the current gray links on the gray background may be difficult for our members with impaired vision. 

If you have any questions, please let us know. Have a good day!

On 1/22/2023 at 8:20 AM, NickiO CS said:

I would be happy to provide feedback to our management team and share that the current gray links on the gray background may be difficult for our members with impaired vision. 

Thanks for your response. I understand the situation. Yes, please suggest to management that using black text, and a larger font as the system default would improve visual contrast. Also, remember that a large proportion of coin collectors are older men, with less-than ideal vision.

RWB