• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

David W Lange, passed away last night
1 1

35 posts in this topic

Wow, this has just been a week of sad news, so sorry to hear of Mr. Lange's passing, my sincere condolences to his family and all who were close to him.  I also heard twice this week that two members of my local coin club also passed away, what a week!

I was totally shocked and deeply saddened when I read that David had passed.  David and I first met at a coin show in Houston around 2005.  We shared a common interest in U.S. Philippine (USPI) coins and a conversation with David became an annual event at each Houston show.  For a few years NGC only sent a small contingent to accept coin submissions at that show, so David and I corresponded by email.  I began attending the annual ANA World's Fair of Money. in 2014 and our annual face to face conversations resumed. I worked with David multiple times concerning USPI varieties and we built a very good rapport. My favorite memory is of spending an hour with David at the ANA show in Denver going through all of my USPI variety coins looking for photo worthy specimens along with being told that some of my "varieties" were just normal coins with a various striking anomalies.  A fair number of the photos in in the USPI Variety Plus are of my coins.  My condolences to his family, his coworkers at NGC, and to all who knew him in our community. May he rest in peace.