• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with the value of a coin.

3 posts in this topic

I just recently purchased a 1852 California Fractional Gold slabbed by NGC. I did my homework and made sure it was certified etc.,

my question is how can i find out the value of said coin. The NGC website has no value given because it is pretty rare, a rarity of 8. 

I am curious as to what it is actually worth on the market. Thank you for your comments any help is requested. 

• Administrator

Hello @JANigro, thank you for contacting NGC. That's a really neat coin you have there! Unfortunately, NGC does not assign values, purchase, or sell coins, so we wouldn't be able to direct you very well on where to find the value of this coin. Our best suggestions for determining the value of your coins are completed eBay auctions and the posted prices by large coin dealers. We hope you're able to find what you're looking for on this!

Thank you!

I have three authentic uncertified California gold tokens, I got all of them during the recession,I remember that I got one for $24.00 from eBay the seller was lone star coin in sinton Texas the phone number was 3614240034 and sales@lonestarcoin.com on the web ,I also have an 1852 modern made California gold token I contacted the seller he offered to give me my money back and gave me some advice and said legally tokens can be made at any time because their tokens so I kept the token as a lesson learned, to answer your question personally I feel the value is in the mind of the collector if a collector wants the coin you may get an outrageously high offer.you might want to try the lone star coin number their card looks like a store.