• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stolen or lost by DHL
1 1

41 posts in this topic

On 2/15/2023 at 11:09 PM, Tigerbait said:

I hold my coins tightly.  I would love to have some professional pictures done but I don't want to chance losing them in shipping.  Glad it all ended well. :-)

Thanks...

On 2/15/2023 at 10:10 PM, cozi said:

Yes really weird. Thanks!

I am so glad all this ended up costing you was some time. There were two possibilities - a label that had become loose, or corruption. The first is by far the better one. 

On 2/16/2023 at 8:17 PM, VKurtB said:

I am so glad all this ended up costing you was some time. There were two possibilities - a label that had become loose, or corruption. The first is by far the better one. 

Yes the label had fallen off 

On 2/16/2023 at 8:44 PM, Hoghead515 said:

Very happy you got it back. Wonderful success story. Theres been a few people who havent been so lucky. 

Really, this is very sad😞Didn't they take insurance? In my case I was relieved that Künker said they would pay me compensation 

On 2/16/2023 at 2:20 PM, cozi said:

Really, this is very sad😞Didn't they take insurance? In my case I was relieved that Künker said they would pay me compensation 

Ive heard a few stories of people losing coins. No one I know personally. Not coin related but I had an ATV stolen a few years ago. I still owed $5000 on it. I was young and not very smart at the time and didnt have insurance on it. I never got it back and still had to pay it off. It was less than a year old.  Ive had other items stolen over the years also. I take it personal when it comes to thieves stealing off anyone. Even complete strangers getting ripped off by thieves. It gets under my skin. When another theif gets something stolen from them is the only time Im happy to see something stolen. A neighbor of mine got his house broken into and I was kinda happy to see the karma catch up to him. He is one of the biggest thieves around our parts. Hes stolen ATVs from people, stole a bunch of guns off a good friend of mine, stole a catalytic converter off my vechicle, and all sorts of other things. He was sure mad when it happened to him and I was happy to see him have to feel what all his victims felt. 

On 2/17/2023 at 2:10 AM, Hoghead515 said:

Ive heard a few stories of people losing coins. No one I know personally. Not coin related but I had an ATV stolen a few years ago. I still owed $5000 on it. I was young and not very smart at the time and didnt have insurance on it. I never got it back and still had to pay it off. It was less than a year old.  Ive had other items stolen over the years also. I take it personal when it comes to thieves stealing off anyone. Even complete strangers getting ripped off by thieves. It gets under my skin. When another theif gets something stolen from them is the only time Im happy to see something stolen. A neighbor of mine got his house broken into and I was kinda happy to see the karma catch up to him. He is one of the biggest thieves around our parts. Hes stolen ATVs from people, stole a bunch of guns off a good friend of mine, stole a catalytic converter off my vechicle, and all sorts of other things. He was sure mad when it happened to him and I was happy to see him have to feel what all his victims felt. 

I believe that God punishes such people sooner or later 

On 2/16/2023 at 6:10 PM, Hoghead515 said:

You are a better man than I am.  When I lived in Iran, a thief would have his hands chopped off.  Very effective deterrent.  I wish we had just a couple of their laws, here.

On 2/19/2023 at 9:03 AM, Tigerbait said:

You are a better man than I am.  When I lived in Iran, a thief would have his hands chopped off.  Very effective deterrent.  I wish we had just a couple of their laws, here.

I do to. We need harsher punishments for theives. 

One of my favorite times is when packages arrive from world mints - U.K., Switzerland, Australia, France. The exotic looking packages completely different from those abominable Amazon beasts. My wife can’t stop with the Amazon 💩. I only buy online what I absolutely can’t get locally.