• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Congrats to all the 2022 registry award winners!

27 posts in this topic

I was confused as to how I could have 86 best awards in the years since I had the sets. I had not had the sets that long.

I went searching and saw that they have each set listed twice each year. One is just "Best in Category", and one is listed as "NGC Best in category".

Why are they listed twice?

Example:  The set below show top set 26 times, but no way, since they were made in 2006. 

award.jpg

Edited by MorganMan

On 1/8/2023 at 10:35 PM, MorganMan said:

I was confused as to how I could have 86 best awards in the years since I had the sets. I had not had the sets that long.

I went searching and saw that they have each set listed twice each year. One is just "Best in Category", and one is listed as "NGC Best in category".

Why are they listed twice?

Example:  The set below show top set 26 times, but no way, since they were made in 2006. 

award.jpg

‘Best in category’ award for a set is calculated based on highest point scores from coin entries of both PCGS AND NGC coins.  

‘NGC best in category’ is based on the highest score calculated only from NGC graded coin entries.  

So each set can, conceivably, win two different best in categories for each year.

It happened to me, once, too.

Edited by Walkerfan

On 1/8/2023 at 1:02 PM, Lem E said:

Congratulations to everyone on this year’s achievements. :golfclap:

Yes congrats. it looks like you got some on the early years a few times. I did not relies you were at No1 on that set? Lem.

Edited by J P M

On 1/10/2023 at 4:21 PM, J P M said:

Yes congrats. it looks like you got some on the early years a few times. I did not relies you were at No1 on that set? Lem.

For the moment yes. We will see how long I can stay there.

Congrats to the registry winners and participants....it's not my cup of tea but I know it requires dedication and lots of work.

Mazel Tov !!!  xD

Edited by GoldFinger1969

On 2/23/2023 at 7:27 PM, GoldFinger1969 said:

Congrats to the registry winners and participants....it's not my cup of tea but I know it requires dedication and lots of work.

Mazel Tov !!!  xD

The joy is in the research and the reading, the sharing of a story, and cuddling up in bed and looking at coins with my wife to pick the best one. When a set wins after that it is very nice though. :)