• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How about a SSP designation?
1 1

17 posts in this topic

On 11/28/2022 at 5:02 PM, Errorists said:

Special Specimen Proof SSP acronym.. Imagine a SSP70 UCAM grade??

Fine with me, the more the merrier, but how would you define these to those members who are adamantly, unalterably opposed to such subjective attributions?

Edited by Quintus Arrius
Routine die polishing: correct spell-check.

On 11/28/2022 at 5:02 PM, Errorists said:

Special Specimen Proof SSP acronym.. Imagine a SSP70 UCAM grade??

What coins do the slab companies use SSP?  does NCG use it?  Does pgcs use it?  @errorist is Ssp a real thing or are you just making things up?  Just want to learn if its something new.

On 11/30/2022 at 4:37 PM, NewGuy1 said:

What coins do the slab companies use SSP?  does NCG use it?  Does pgcs use it?  @errorist is Ssp a real thing or are you just making things up?  Just want to learn if its something new.

Nothing new yet..

On 11/30/2022 at 5:52 PM, NewGuy1 said:

What do you mean. Is SSP something real or are you just screwing around

NewGuy, since the debate was on the legitimatcy of "SP" someone joked around that SSP was around the corner.

It's not real....but SP is.  Purists vs. Modernists are taking sides....stay clear. xD

On 11/30/2022 at 5:04 PM, RWB said:

How about proving the coin was "special" before calling it a "specimen" or some other Cat-Dog creature?

🐓:  Hey, Q!  He didn't mention, the unmentionable, in the same sentence hyphenated with dog, did he?

Q.A.:  Strictly off the record? Yes, he did.  Miracles do happen, but it's best not to bring it up. :whistle:

Edited by Quintus Arrius
Routine die polishing.

Serious question: In your opinion, what is the right designation for the nickels in the 1994 and 1997 Coin and Currency sets? They were specially struck from sandblasted dies. 

On 12/2/2022 at 2:22 PM, VKurtB said:

Serious question: In your opinion, what is the right designation for the nickels in the 1994 and 1997 Coin and Currency sets? They were specially struck from sandblasted dies. 

I got one of the 1994 sets. The one that comes with the Thomas Jefferson silver dollar. The nickel has some beautiful toning on one side. The other side is blast white. The sellers called it a satin nickel. 

On 12/2/2022 at 11:27 PM, Hoghead515 said:

.... The sellers called it a satin nickel. 

Satin finish.  Hmm, where've I heard that before?  Why those new centennial Morgans and Proofs!  How can I forget?  They're the ones I ordered... and never received.   :makepoint: