• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coins with Fellows with Beards
1 1

43 posts in this topic

On 11/19/2022 at 4:22 AM, physics-fan3.14 said:

I believe there is an entire club dedicated to fellas who collect coins with beards. The fellas collecting have beards, and the coins they collect also show fellas with beards

Ironically in one of the photos of this group several of the members have no facial hair at all.   I know that having facial hair is not a requirement to join the group but still struck me as funny.

On 11/19/2022 at 4:42 PM, Crawtomatic said:

Another beard-o.  1925-S MS63 that was in an OGH when we parted ways.

P1060252.JPG

This is one beautiful coin! This begs the question, Why didn't this commemorative make the Top Ten list on a member's recent poll of commemorative half-dollars?  A prospector panning for gold is a No-Show?  Me thinks some members got some splainin' to do...  

On 11/19/2022 at 4:42 PM, Crawtomatic said:

Another beard-o.  1925-S MS63 that was in an OGH when we parted ways.

P1060252.JPG

Ive been drooling for one of these for a long time. Very nice. :golfclap:Probably my favorite commerative in the program around that time period. 

On 11/19/2022 at 4:54 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

This is one beautiful coin! This begs the question, Why didn't this commemorative make the Top Ten list on a member's recent poll of commemorative half-dollars?  A prospector panning for gold is a No-Show?  Me thinks some members got some splainin' to do...  

Oops.  That must've been in my sabbatical.  When I click on "Unread Content" it goes back quite a ways and I haven't quite caught up on my reading.

On 11/19/2022 at 6:56 PM, rrantique said:

eabe.jpg

I have always liked this issue. I kind of prefer the uncirculated style issue, but this is great too. 

On 11/19/2022 at 11:07 PM, VKurtB said:

I have always liked this issue. I kind of prefer the uncirculated style issue, but this is great too. 

You do bear an uncanny resemblance.   :roflmao:

On 11/19/2022 at 10:31 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

You do bear an uncanny resemblance.   :roflmao:

Nope. The guy who always plays Lincoln at ANA shows thinks I need to get Confederate General garb and do Robert E. Lee. He wants to hook me up with his agent. 

On 11/20/2022 at 12:47 AM, VKurtB said:

Nope. The guy who always plays Lincoln at ANA shows thinks I need to get Confederate General garb and do Robert E. Lee. He wants to hook me up with his agent. 

Back in the late 80s, early 90s we had a guy in our hometown that was Abe's twin. You couldnt tell them apart looking at a photograph of Abe placed beside him. Beard and all. He would help out in the community and play Abe in school plays and things like that. I tried to find an old picture of him but was unsuccessful in my search. Im sure someone in Olive Hill has a picture somewhere. It would blow your mind if you seen him.  If  I can ever locate a picture of him Ill share it on here.  My sister and I were very young and we would go up and talk to him when we seen him out at stores and places. He would play right along. He was a great guy and loved it when the kids would come up and call him Abe. Sadly he died in the mid 90s. Im not sure exactly what of but I do know it was natural causes. 

Edited by Hoghead515

On 11/20/2022 at 8:50 PM, robec1347 said:

I know it’s dark side, but I don’t have many with beards. It’s the guy on the right. 

1969DinarNeptvnvsComp.jpg

The Soviet era 1 rouble commemoratives are loaded with depictions of guys with facial hair. My son has them. Also, there is a guy who works for the ANA who exhibits “beards on coins” from time to time. Never competitively at ANA’s shows, but he has won with them at FUN. 

On 11/21/2022 at 5:13 PM, Crawtomatic said:

Further proof that the N. American Sasquatch's territory extends into the vast forests & mountains of the New England countryside.

I don't know about all that Sasquatch stuff, but from the Colonial times up until recently, its official name was the State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations.