• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I need help identifying coin/token

13 posts in this topic

Sorry I do not know the answer to your question.  Just wanted to say, Welcome to the Forum!  Owing to the late hour, unless by dint of luck and timing, you may not get an answer until the morning.

On 11/18/2022 at 12:16 AM, Just Bob said:

been removed from the center, brings to mind a Victorian era metal button.

yes i also think it looks like a button cap...  so i am not sure what you have there is a coin

Good morning, thanks for the welcome I found it by the river in a field, where I been going for years, I've found other war memorabilia there like buttons, little belt buckles, old bullets, I've even found a button with the eagle on it, coins and even arrowheads, I could probably find more there but I don't dig I just like to surface hunt.

On 11/19/2022 at 12:11 PM, Victoria's Find's said:

what throws me off is on the side that looks corroded looks like possibly the shape of a bust {like on coin's}???

Thats the shape of the corrosion. Just gives it that pareidolia look. Sounds like alot of fun. I also enjoy searching for old artifacts. Good luck and happy hunting. 

On 11/19/2022 at 1:38 PM, Hoghead515 said:

.... pareidolia look.... 

Submitted wiith the OP's indulgence...

[🐓:  My, my, my, our humble Hog's turning into a regular erudite scholar!

Q.A.:  Pare-WHAT?  I believe Hog's gettin' mighty big for his breeches!]   :roflmao: