• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2022 Sovereigns - compare

8 posts in this topic

Interesting designs/deviations from the standard sovereign reverse for 2022. Compare the QEII platinum jubilee reverse with the King Charles III memorial reverse. Like? Dislike? 

Edited by Zebo
Added memorial

On 11/15/2022 at 12:46 PM, Fenntucky Mike said:

Definitely a more aggressive design on the KCIII sovereign. :sumo: I like both but if I had to choose I'd go with the KCIII reverse. 

I’m waiting to compare both in hand before making up my mind which I like better. I always thought the lion on the QEII was a bit skinny.

Edited by Zebo

Clearly a more aggressive reverse interpretation. The C-III unicorn seems to have something around its neck. Presumably the King selected these long ago.

On 11/15/2022 at 2:04 PM, Zebo said:

I’m waiting to compare both in hand before making up my mind which I like better. I always thought the lion on the QEII was a bit skinny.

Have U.K. sovereigns gotten out of control yet with 'varieties' and privy marks? I seem to remember seeing a few in recent years.

Have they jumped the shark yet or will this mark a return to normal.

image.jpeg.cb16bd422c9153d5e12fee050a31a838.jpeg

On 11/15/2022 at 5:32 PM, Fenntucky Mike said:

Have U.K. sovereigns gotten out of control yet with 'varieties' and privy marks? I seem to remember seeing a few in recent years.

Have they jumped the shark yet or will this mark a return to normal.

image.jpeg.cb16bd422c9153d5e12fee050a31a838.jpeg

2017 was a banner year for variety issues. Since then, they have slowed a bit, but no where near back to normal.