• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Roommate Has Cancer

29 posts in this topic

:signofftopic:   Note:  While I   sympathize with the plight of your friend, posting a solicitation for money on an essentially personal, non-numismatic matter, is not in accordance with the Board Guidelines.

There are members in good standing here who have suffered cataclysmic losses due to Acts of God, including flooding and wind damage and not a few who have endured financial ruin, irreversible health problems, some brought on by advanced age.

This is a Forum devoted to Numismatics running the gamut of coin collection and contributing, incrementally, to increasing the body of knowledge. 

D.W. Lange, as you may have heard, has similarly been laid low by cancer.  A stalwart, NGC mainstay, he is deserving of every consideration if only the membership knew what to do beyond PMg him with assurances he remains in our thoughts.  You understand.

On 11/12/2022 at 2:24 AM, physics-fan3.14 said:

Yeah, that sucks. Alot.

I've known Michelle since we were kids. This girl is like a sister to me. I love her more than my actual sister.

Anyways, she moved in while I was in Israel, in September. In early October, she invited me out to the back porch and told me that she was diagnosed with Stage 1 Cancer. They caught it early, it hasn't spread, it's localized... all "good" news.

She is having Surgery on December 2, and hopefully everything will all be ok after that. It's supposed to be a relatively easy process.

Michelle loves flowers. They bring her joy. They brighten her day. They will help her recovery. Please help me fill her room with so many flowers! I've created a GoFundMe, and I would really very much appreciate your help. Thank you.

https://gofund.me/fcdf9e49

Sorry to hear that. Cancer has been very hard on our family. Praying for her and hope she recovers quickly. 

On 11/13/2022 at 5:18 PM, ldhair said:

I'm going to break my word and reply to you on this. 

🐓:  This coming from a guy who makes and breaks his own rules, at will.

Q.A.:  Been around since forever and never heard of the ignore button. Sheesh!  BACK ON TRACK!

On 11/12/2022 at 2:24 AM, physics-fan3.14 said:

Yeah, that sucks. Alot.

I've known Michelle since we were kids. This girl is like a sister to me. I love her more than my actual sister.

Anyways, she moved in while I was in Israel, in September. In early October, she invited me out to the back porch and told me that she was diagnosed with Stage 1 Cancer. They caught it early, it hasn't spread, it's localized... all "good" news.

She is having Surgery on December 2, and hopefully everything will all be ok after that. It's supposed to be a relatively easy process.

Michelle loves flowers. They bring her joy. They brighten her day. They will help her recovery. Please help me fill her room with so many flowers! I've created a GoFundMe, and I would really very much appreciate your help. Thank you.

https://gofund.me/fcdf9e49

I lost my 16 year old nephew to cancer.  Donated 1, because cancer sucks.  And 2, out of spite to QA.  

On 11/12/2022 at 7:55 AM, Quintus Arrius said:

:signofftopic:   Note:  While I   sympathize with the plight of your friend, posting a solicitation for money on an essentially personal, non-numismatic matter, is not in accordance with the Board Guidelines.

There are members in good standing here who have suffered cataclysmic losses due to Acts of God, including flooding and wind damage and not a few who have endured financial ruin, irreversible health problems, some brought on by advanced age.

This is a Forum devoted to Numismatics running the gamut of coin collection and contributing, incrementally, to increasing the body of knowledge. 

D.W. Lange, as you may have heard, has similarly been laid low by cancer.  A stalwart, NGC mainstay, he is deserving of every consideration if only the membership knew what to do beyond PMg him with assurances he remains in our thoughts.  You understand.

Who the heck do you think you are?  Did someone make you a moderator or something?  If not, just move along.  

On 11/14/2022 at 3:04 PM, Morpheus1967 said:

Who the heck do you think you are?  Did someone make you a moderator or something?  If not, just move along.  

This may come as a surprise to you but there are Rules and Guidelines that govern the use of this Board.  The pi-guy lacks the clout to launch a broad, direct appeal to the general membership. If he feels strongly enough about a personal matter he can avail himself of the tools commonly available to everyone else: phone calls, private messenger, private networking. I have to endure panhandling every day on public transport; we would be remiss in our duty as responsible members if we were to allow the professionalism of the Chat Board to devolve into a free-for-all. IMNSHO.

On 11/14/2022 at 3:03 PM, Morpheus1967 said:

I lost my 16 year old nephew to cancer.  Donated 1, because cancer sucks.  And 2, out of spite to QA.  

I'm so sorry to hear about your nephew. Thank you for your support. 

Yes, Cancer sucks. 

And yeah, your second point has merit as well. 

On 11/14/2022 at 9:20 PM, ldhair said:

No. That's not true. You are not being honest.

Am I?  The skeletal, dateless remains, have remained on the thread since yesterday, 11/13/2022 @ 4:30 p.m., and the digital thumbprint left on it has your name written all over it.  And while you're at it, you may want to revisit your initial post dated May 30, 2006... "For those that wish, this is how it works....  I am being secular here. If you wish to go testicular it's your perogative if you wish but you will not be able to skirt the cold, hard, facts. It's your topic, your thread, your highly irregular post of a type you would not tolerate from others.

The display of any other nation's flag, in the absence of ours is a breach of flag etiquette promulgated by the U.S. Congress in 1942.

BACK ON TRACK !

Edited by Quintus Arrius
Notice of Guidelines Rules Violation

On 11/16/2022 at 6:31 PM, rrantique said:

Jason I lost my son last year to this terrible disease. It's tragic and sometimes overwhelming. Pray your room mate Michelle can over come all her cancer./

Very sorry to here this. Thats always been my worse fear. I dont know if I could bear it. Im very heartbroken reading this. If theres anything you ever need give me a holler. Ill keep sending prayers your way. 

On 11/14/2022 at 3:03 PM, Morpheus1967 said:

So sorry to hear about your nephew. That breaks my heart to see anything happen to a kid. Ive bout worried myself gray headed scared for my kids. Its something that is constantly on my mind. Its very tragic. Its got me all teary eyed reading these post. I wish theyd hurry and find a cure. 

New diagnostic tests can give clues about cancer from blood samples.  They're relatively new, but offer fantastic progress. (thumbsu

Many cancers that were death sentences 50 years ago are now very manageable.  Non-Hodgkins leukemia and other blood disorders, for instance.  But we still have some virulent ones that we have no defense against. :(

Edited by GoldFinger1969

🐓:  Hey Q!  Out of all the posts, guess which one the powers-that-be found irredeemably objectionable and removed?

Q.A.:  I haven't a clue.

🐓:  You're not going to believe this!  The one where you lamented the fact that a [long-time] member referred to us, pejoratively, as chaff.

Q.A.:  You kiddin' me? They overlooked everything else?... Just goes to show, you'll have a better chance of palming off a jalopy as a Rolls Royce Silver Ghost than an off-topic post on a numismatic forum.  We love everybody though, right?

🐓:  You bet!  This is the Forum where everybody gets to re-invent themselves [and re-write the Guidelines] daily.   :whistle: