• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do you collect?

166 posts in this topic

On 11/9/2022 at 12:06 PM, samclemen3991 said:

I have been collecting coins since I was 7 years old and got the J.C.Penny Let's Collect Coins kit for Christmas

1968.  I currently, and for about the last 25 years, have collected Seated Liberty coins with a focus on Seated Half Dollars.  In January of this year I decided to devote more attention to the other Seated coins series and have been adding Mintmark pieces to my basic type set.  Good luck to all other collectors on their collecting  interests.  James

...james, hopefully u r a member of the LSCC...if not check out the club's website, very comprehensive n informative...if collecting liberty seated halves n type u should belong, of course the club will chastise u for referring to r collection as seated liberty....

This brings back so many memories of my earlier days of collecting.  There was a small coin case in a local newspaper shop.  I spent a ton of time in there as a kid.  I still have a few coins in their original 2x2's, with prices.  Silver S mint Washington quarters for 45 cents!  I also did a Franklin half set years ago, I still love those coins!

On 11/10/2022 at 9:20 AM, Simple Collector said:

@Hoghead515 your 53-d is killer!

Thank you my friend. My son really liked it so I bidded on it and lucked out and won. Its mine and his favorite so far. I like the old green PCGS holder its in also. I know your supposed to collect the coin and not the plastic, but I really like it when I can find a really nice coin in an older holder. 

Edited by Hoghead515

Well Im home stranded with covid today. Im in fine shape, taking it well with only minor symptoms. I didnt want to spread it to my work friends so I figured I better stay home a few days. Im taking this time looking at all the coins in my mixed box. Its coins I bought that I found appealing but havent had no plans to make sets with them. I guess you could call them type coins. I also enjoy collecting coins that I really like as singles. Ive got a few Morgans, couple ancients, ASEs, a Connecticut copper, some world coins, and a few others. I got some Im planning on making sets out of later such as Roosevelt dimes and Jefferson nickels, both going to be business strikes. I got a few proofs I may turn into sets one of these days. It will be later on down the road after I complete the sets Im working on and the sets next in line.  I love this hobby so much theres alot of things I want to do and its hard to choose what I want to do the most because I cant do them all. Im trying to stop myself from trying to start too many sets. But If I see a coin I really like that dosent go to a set Im putting together and Im able to get it, I will buy it as a single. Ive got a few singles on my bucket list. I really want to add a gold coin to my set. Its been driving me crazy for the past couple years. Im thinking about putting back a few dollars in an envelope every so often and save up and get one. I love gold coins but most are way out of my budget. I love the gold thread that was started. Even though I dont own none of my own I can still enjoy admiring everyone elses. Ive seen some amazing coins on that thread.