• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SBA wide rim
1 1

14 posts in this topic

Wide rim, low brim, I took one look, and quickly looked away.  The entire purpose of this coin was to hopefully replace the dollar bill ["Cash Rules Everything Around Me, C.R.E.A.M., get the money, dollar-dollar-bill-y'all." 🎶 ] which lasts all of 18 months in circulation. Pffft!  Forget, numismatist, this unimaginative coin didn't pass the Stevie Wonder-test. What were high Mint officials thinking?

Kudos to the OP for summoning the courage to remind us of yet another of the Mint's failures of imagination.

Postscript:  What are Suzy Bees exhibiting Antarctic like ice shelves worth on the open market?

Rummage flippers vend all in general and naught in specific. They feel their pocket and see a coin date for the first time, sully their fingerends for the close-ups, and aim their camera at at them—then create a dark page for a lot of coins without terminology to search for coins; tucked into grids of beanie babies, manicure kits, Bakelite-handled utensils, emergency radios, and sump pumps. Once in awhile there is a good deal. 
I search the word “inherited” lately. The offer interests me because she asks less than than a K for the four bits and 17 cents.

Here is a fresh one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/125601830283?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=GrQ7FhsfTwW&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=cCktvnWqQRO&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I’m not asking if this is good, I posted it as an example of inventive search terms to find odd pages.

Edited by Ray Tatum
Add url

On 11/8/2022 at 11:03 AM, VKurtB said:

Tell me more. I’m fascinated. 

Well, she looks like my granny, 

My question is answered, banter is okay now? Right?

Edited by Ray Tatum
Fat fingers

On 11/8/2022 at 12:00 PM, Ray Tatum said:

My question is answered, banter is okay now? Right?

Back-and-forth and learning is why we are all here.  But when someone posts something that is CLEARLY or OBJECTIVELY not the case, people here will note it.  No exceptions....we're tough on newbies or vets. xD

On 11/8/2022 at 10:47 AM, Ray Tatum said:

Rummage flippers vend all in general and naught in specific. They feel their pocket and see a coin date for the first time, sully their fingerends for the close-ups, and aim their camera at at them—then create a dark page for a lot of coins without terminology to search for coins; tucked into grids of beanie babies, manicure kits, Bakelite-handled utensils, emergency radios, and sump pumps. Once in awhile there is a good deal. 
I search the word “inherited” lately. The offer interests me because she asks less than than a K for the four bits and 17 cents.

Here is a fresh one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/125601830283?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=GrQ7FhsfTwW&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=cCktvnWqQRO&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I’m not asking if this is good, I posted it as an example of inventive search terms to find odd pages.

Well, I do like Waterman and Mont Blanc pens, and zinc coins. 

@Ray Tatum:

Having nothing better to do, I checked out sue/machoo's offerings...

284 inherited coins - likely, if you check out her other offerings, including a wedding cake "topper" from the early 1950's. (This is something our own children would be doing if we had any and they, too, didn't care a whit about loupes, and cantaloupes!) 

Cost:  $299. + 12.99 ship - though "Make Offer" is available.

She's got 100% feedback.  Encouraging, but the breakdown of this lot----and the others, suggests she knows a lot more than she is letting on.  The Make Offer option makes the most sense, but without knowing precisely what you're buying, it's a wash.

[Thanks for the tip, Ray. I just saved myself $300.]

On 11/8/2022 at 5:17 PM, VKurtB said:

Well, I do like Waterman and Mont Blanc pens, and zinc coins. 

Fine, that'll be $299 plus the shipping.  All or none.

I noticed that an ad for forty modern proof coins of all denominations had two coins in each in forty plastic flips; shipping was twice normal. I don’t collect proofs nor flip. If the deal were legit they were seventy-five cents per.

I sell rummage to buy coins, no pride here. I describe my Craigslist ad style above.

Edited by Ray Tatum
Add