• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Outta here
2 2

283 posts in this topic

On 11/16/2022 at 4:51 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

$40 billion -- 4 thousand million.  Exploration is interesting, but at what cost.  Here's what my wife said to me on the 50th anniversary of the moon landing (1969/2019) and I quote:  "How did they get there?... What did they find?"  I was unable to answer her second question.

If there's an OT Section here where I can post pics from the James Webb Space Telescope, they will blow your mind.

Google them...and do the same names for Hubble Space Telescope....compare.....the improvement will blow you away. (thumbsu

On 11/16/2022 at 2:43 PM, GoldFinger1969 said:

If there's an OT Section here where I can post pics from the James Webb Space Telescope, they will blow your mind.

Google them...and do the same names for Hubble Space Telescope....compare.....the improvement will blow you away. (thumbsu

You can post in the Water Cooler. That forum is filled with OT threads. https://boards.ngccoin.com/forum/93-water-cooler-members-only/

Edited by robec1347

Outta here... the Sequel

Following is a pertinent extract texted to the Website Coordinator, presently out on leave, a few days ago.

I hereby tender my resignation as an Associate Member effective with the close of business, Sunday, December 31, 2023, at 2359 hours.

I wish one and all a happy, joyous and prosperous New Year. 

On 11/7/2022 at 12:20 PM, VKurtB said:

I have had the unfortunate experience of facing darned serious (threatening end of life THREE times now) medical issues. It does have a tendency to lower one’s appetite for nonsense. Been there, done that. But the place where self-awareness is MOST LACKING here is nobody cares that Quintus is also facing serious medical issues. He deals with it differently. His coping mechanism is irreverent humor, as is mine.

Have you ever seen that online “test” where you are shown an item and you have to choose from two words that you call that item (soda vs. pop is one example) and the test will tell you where you grew up? Well I grew up in Reading, Pennsylvania, about 50 miles NW of Philly. The test determined I grew up in New York City. That’s how close the two cultures are. A mere 25 miles south of Reading MOST of the answers are different. What’s okay humor in Reading is completely inappropriate 25 miles away. IT’S ALL CULTURAL. 

Uh oh.

Wishing you the best going forward.

Bob

On 12/30/2023 at 12:48 PM, USAuPzlBxBob said:

Uh oh.

Wishing you the best going forward.

Bob

I don’t think our friend’s issues are necessarily medical, but I could be wrong. I hope he’s just tired of this. 

On 12/30/2023 at 1:59 PM, VKurtB said:

I don’t think our friend’s issues are necessarily medical, but I could be wrong. I hope he’s just tired of this. 

I feel great, Kurt!  No pain, not a complaint in the world.  Just a general air of malaise. A disenchantment, if you will. Hard to pin down. You may recall Ol'hoop's refusal to "ignore" members. My own peccadillo is "do not overstay your welcome and do not remain where you are not wanted."  This will give those members who fled the premises a chance to regroup, return, and reset the ambience.  All for the better. I only regret that with my departure, the Pallet Man will have lost fully 50% of his followers: me!  :hi:

On 12/30/2023 at 5:51 PM, Henri Charriere said:

I feel great, Kurt!  No pain, not a complaint in the world.  Just a general air of malaise. A disenchantment, if you will. Hard to pin down. You may recall Ol'hoop's refusal to "ignore" members. My own peccadillo is "do not overstay your welcome and do not remain where you are not wanted."  This will give those members who fled the premises a chance to regroup, return, and reset the ambience.  All for the better. I only regret that with my departure, the Pallet Man will have lost fully 50% of his followers: me!  :hi:

In that case, could I interest you in a straight up exchange of feet? Mine hurt. But the malaise? I swear they had a college football bowl game for that - the Duke’s Malaise Bowl? WVU 30, NC 10? Or was it something else? As for those who ran for greener pastures (green can be from mold) their return may just be “subtraction by addition”. Most of them had a zeroed out sense of humor. 

Edited by VKurtB

On 12/31/2023 at 10:25 AM, robec1347 said:

I hope you aren’t really leaving. I honestly enjoy your posts. 

If we all were the same personality and we all agreed with one another 100% of the time and we all had the same knowledge level of coins....who the hell would want to be here ?  xD 

Edited by GoldFinger1969

On 1/2/2024 at 6:27 PM, ldhair said:

I don't care if he stays or not but he harassed the hell out of me and for no reason. He ran several of my friends away and thought it was funny. These were valuable people in the hobby that don't put up with this type of stuff. They just say nothing and leave and don't come back. I could make a list but I won't. There are other sites that are more friendly where they can share and not deal with the drama. 

I'm sorry if some don't agree with me but I'm good with that. I spent a lot of time trying to bring some folks back here but just gave up trying. 

I don't use the ignore button and just don't read much from those that are known to create drama that is harmful to this site. I love this site and won't leave over those that show no respect for the value of the site. 

I sympathize, really I do. In my opinion, and I realize that on this topic you disagree with me, and that's okay, those who left were disappointed that they could not get Quintus/Henri, AND ME (!!!!) kicked off this board, and they lack any semblance of a sense of humor. They tried to "bully" off him and me, and got butthurt when they could offer no reason to board management to remove either of us. I had that confirmed at SEVERAL coin show NGC desks. Yes, Larry, they WERE ABLE to set me up at CoinTalk and get me kicked off there, but this board actually HAS FIXED RULES, not some junk that the Chief Mod makes up out of whole cloth. Yes, I am referring to GDSMP, or some similar acronym. I don't have "brain room" to remember tyrants.

By the way, on an unrelated topic, I have a nasty case of COVID-19, still positive after a course of oral anti-virals and still feeling like I've been hit by a truck. Therefore, I cannot expect to drive 720 miles to Orlando F.U.N.  My wife talked me into going to family holiday events. Never again. Those people throw around viral infections like candy canes.

Edited by VKurtB

On 1/2/2024 at 7:27 PM, ldhair said:

I don't care if he stays or not but he harassed the hell out of me and for no reason. He ran several of my friends away and thought it was funny. These were valuable people in the hobby that don't put up with this type of stuff. They just say nothing and leave and don't come back. I could make a list but I won't. There are other sites that are more friendly where they can share and not deal with the drama. 

I'm sorry if some don't agree with me but I'm good with that. I spent a lot of time trying to bring some folks back here but just gave up trying. 

I don't use the ignore button and just don't read much from those that are known to create drama that is harmful to this site. I love this site and won't leave over those that show no respect for the value of the site. 

If it wasn't for "ignore" I'd have been gone too. First time I ever used it.

On 1/2/2024 at 7:08 PM, VKurtB said:

I sympathize, really I do. In my opinion, and I realize that on this topic you disagree with me, and that's okay, those who left were disappointed that they could not get Quintus/Henri, AND ME (!!!!) kicked off this board, and they lack any semblance of a sense of humor. They tried to "bully" off him and me, and got butthurt when they could offer no reason to board management to remove either of us. I had that confirmed at SEVERAL coin show NGC desks. Yes, Larry, they WERE ABLE to set me up at CoinTalk and get me kicked off there, but this board actually HAS FIXED RULES, not some junk that the Chief Mod makes up out of whole cloth. Yes, I am referring to GDSMP, or some similar acronym. I don't have "brain room" to remember tyrants.

By the way, on an unrelated topic, I have a nasty case of COVID-19, still positive after a course of oral anti-virals and still feeling like I've been hit by a truck. Therefore, I cannot expect to drive 720 miles to Orlando F.U.N.  My wife talked me into going to family holiday events. Never again. Those people throw around viral infections like candy canes.

I don't know what you confirmed but it did not involve me. I did report someone a while back but that was a member that could not post without using four letter words. The few times I have had a problem with someone, I post it for all to see. We have had words but I believe we are past that. I was looking forward to seeing you at FUN and shake hands. 

As far as CT, I was in the hospital for two weeks when all that went down. When I was able to log in, the post/threads were already removed and never learned the truth of what went on. I was actually glad I had no part of it. It must have been nasty because nobody wished to talk about it.

On 1/2/2024 at 8:08 PM, VKurtB said:

I just got the new Covid Moderna shot yesterday.  Seemed to have a worse reaction this time.  My left shoulder is still very sore 20 hours after I got the shot.  :(

On 1/2/2024 at 4:34 PM, USAuPzlBxBob said:

When he said he was leaving, I kept thinking of this, but couldn't remember who, what, where, and when… until now.

I LOVE "The Odd Couple" but don't see what the classic parking scene has to do with members here.  Maybe you can elaborate ? ???

BTW, very interesting:  WLNY-55 (ch. 79 on my Optimum/Altice system here in NY) runs an "Odd Couple Marathon on New Year's Eve and into New Year's Day.  That's not unusual, but the length of the episodes is:  they are original, uncut which probably hasn't been the case since their original air dates.   25 1/2 minute each....3 segments of 90-second commercials.  When I saw most of these episodes in the 1980's and 1990's, they lasted maybe 22-23 minutes, tops.

Edited by GoldFinger1969

He'll be back.  (simply)

Surreptitiously?  Maybe.

Last I looked, his Rooster collection is still here… Ranked 6th.

First, he was a Roman praetor (Jack Hawkins), then he morphed into a butterfly… Papillon (Steve McQueen) — first escapee from Devil's Island.

Maybe he'll morph yet again, possibly as a Mockingbird?  Boo Radley (Robert Duval)

We need to get to springtime first, after the dark days of winter are behind us.

On 1/3/2024 at 9:49 AM, GoldFinger1969 said:

I just got the new Covid Moderna shot yesterday.  Seemed to have a worse reaction this time.  My left shoulder is still very sore 20 hours after I got the shot.  :(

Had all three shots: seasonal flu, Covid update, and RSV (Respiratory Syncytial Virus) on same day in September. Slight soreness at RSV site. Had nothing but a common cold since then.

(I recall the governor of Alabama telling residents to "use a little common sense!" But from the Covid death rate there, her message didn't sink in. Certainly hope VKurt gets better soon.)

Edited by RWB

On 1/3/2024 at 8:49 AM, GoldFinger1969 said:

Be aware that if you get an RSV vaccine, that one gave me the worst injection site reaction I’ve ever had. I participated in a clinical trial, and for the study year, I never got so much as a sniffle. But, medical research does not swing on one participant’s experience. I found out, after the study, that I had indeed gotten the active “candidate” vaccine, not the placebo, but that the efficacy was not high enough for FDA to approve it. I got SOME protection from it, but statistically, not enough people did. I’ll do another if asked. But an “arm ouchie”? Oh yeah.

On 1/3/2024 at 2:47 PM, RWB said:

Had all three shots: seasonal flu, Covid update, and RSV (Respiratory Syncytial Virus) on same day in September. Slight soreness are RSV sight. Had nothing but a common cold.

(I recall the governor of Alabama telling residents to "use a little common sense!" But from the Covid death rate there, her message didn't sink in. Certainly hope VKurt gets better soon.)

My in-laws, especially those still in their working careers, have been passing around all the nasties for three years. All their boys serve in the military and bring nasties home from all over the world. Being a social hermit has its advantages. 

On 1/3/2024 at 5:24 PM, VKurtB said:

My in-laws, especially those still in their working careers, have been passing around all the nasties for three years. All their boys serve in the military and bring nasties home from all over the world. Being a social hermit has its advantages. 

Sounds like an advantage to coin collecting....Buy $500 in nickels and hunker down.

On 1/3/2024 at 5:24 PM, VKurtB said:

...as long as they dont marry them their visas expire n they go home...not to worry....

On 1/3/2024 at 8:35 PM, Coinbuf said:

So please enlighten me, why was this thread resurrected?

Blast from the Past!

🐓Briefly, to enable H.C. to formally announce his resignation, effective the last day/hour/minute of 2023 [without prejudice to return should unprecedented, unanticipated popular demand arise for him to return].

On 1/3/2024 at 10:22 PM, Hoghead515 said:

i only had 2 covid vaccines and the second one made me the sickest ive ever been in my life. I thought it done me in.  I never took none of the boosters after that. My wife hasnt had any trouble at all out of hers. 

...well she does wear the long pants in the HH family....