• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coinsblog.ws Publisher Has Passed

4 posts in this topic

I knew Scott and had worked with him for a short time at Mitre Corp. before he left. He was trying to make a go of it in "blog-sphere" but I lost track of him a couple of years back. Sorry that he died so young.

Edited by RWB

On 9/29/2022 at 4:19 PM, RWB said:

I knew Scott and had worked with him for a short time at Mitre Corp. He was trying to make a go of it in "blog-sphere" but I lost track of him a couple of years back. Sorry that he died so young.

Scott was a 2019 Glenn Smedley Award winner. He was not present and Simcha Kuritsky took it home for Scott. He was a government IT guy for awhile and started an apparently successful antiques and furniture business after leaving government employment. 

Edited by VKurtB

It has been brought to my attention that Scott died from a sudden myocardial infarction (heart attack) while doing what he loved. He was apparently attending a meeting of the Montgomery County (Md.) Coin Club when stricken and died some days later without regaining consciousness. The Montgomery County Club is a great club and another of their stalwart members is fighting “Lou Gehrig’s Disease” presently. Both Scott and this other gentleman were and are experienced ANA Exhibitors and Judges, and, I’m proud to say, great friends. Exhibiting in the Middle Atlantic is taking a big hit with the removal of these two from the ranks. The aforementioned Mr. Kuritsky (the gentleman who took Scott’s Smedley award to him) holds the all-time record for Best in Class first place awards in ANA history. Montgomery is among the most storied local clubs in the country, along with their cross-boundary sister club, the Red Rose, of Lancaster, PA. 

Scott Barman was planning a campaign for the Board of Governors of the American Numismatic Association in 2023. 

Edited by VKurtB