• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any winners in the Goldberg's Pre-Long Beach Auctions?

12 posts in this topic

I snagged this piece:

74829919_GoldbergsBTWObv09262022.thumb.png.ae004fa547303443ccc4cc7043e6f25b.png

1006627020_GoldbergsBTWRev09262022.thumb.png.587bee20267aeda87bdf1ad769afcf4c.png

Goldberg's Description:

1946 Booker T. Washington Half Dollar with the original card and envelope as issued.

A magnificent coin with vivid original "tab" toning on both sides.

Edited by leeg

On 9/27/2022 at 2:20 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

@leeg

modzzz1:  This barely skirts the Guidelines, thematically.

dena:  I'll allow it.

🐓:  Man, I love this place! 

Please explain?

On 9/28/2022 at 11:49 AM, leeg said:

Please explain?

Certainly.  Buried deep within the convolutions of my brain was a faint recollection of the Chat Board Guidelines which specify, "references to significantly emotional topics such as Nazis, slavery, etc." are prohibited.  So, I played "moderator-for-the-day," and having just come off a lively exchange in which a member elsewhere explicitly warned that "some viewers may be offended," regarding an aspect of the same topic, stood up defiantly (in my mind) and gave a thumbs down to poor old Booker T.  Unbeknownst to me, Dena (again, in my mind) strode in behind me and in a loud clear voice, overruled me: "I'll allow it."

I have since taken the liberty of viewing your profile, and realized I made two mistakes:  I had unknowingly addressed a senior-most member of the Forum, and the subject you broached had been the subject of previous presentations. My sincerest aplogies for the rude intrusion. 

P.S.  I have no idea what "tab" toning is, but I do like the coin and read his autobiography (the title of which, "UFS" Chat Board Guidelines prohibit me from explicitly referring to).  🤔 

[Sorry for the delay in responding. The mods, understandably, had to go over this with a fine-toothed comb.  Man I love this place!]

On 9/29/2022 at 10:26 AM, zadok said:

...u will prob regret u ever asked for that explanation....

Why?  What did you see that the moderators, sitting en banc, missed?  Enquiring minds want to know.

This is hands down, the #1 Forum in all the land!

The Moderators are tops in my book!  Flexible, fair and accommodating.

🐓:  I heard of mathematics, but numis-what?

Numismatique, en Francais, Ricky... des pieces de monnaie, capiche?

🐓 :  Oui, senor!

P.S.  Your Booker T. was a winner!  Thanks for sharing!