• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1942-D Nickle D over horizontal D

29 posts in this topic

I sent in a 1913 Buffalo Nickle with a die crack thru five cents lettering and doubling in America and it wasn't labeled and the holder was scratched when I removed it from the box it was shipped in.

As I said before, I did, then I was charged an additional $80 that never was explained on the invoice. If I would have known I was going to receive this type of service I would have sent it to anacs.  

It does have a rotational error as well but my main emphasis was on. The die crack. I'm not concerned with the grading on these coins I found these in circulation and they are for my personal collection but how can you be proud of something like this... I'm embarrassed to show anyone.

Ouch, sorry that your experience was not better, from that closeup it sure does look like the D/horz D to me.   And I too would be less than happy to receive a brand new slab in that poor condition.   Hopefully @DWLange can help with getting this resolved for you, it may be more of a chore this week with the weather issues.

@Davebays Nice RPM there Dave.  I too believe that's the D/Horizontal D, just a very late die state.  But, if ya know me or ever seen any of my Nickel "RPM" posts....., you'd probably be better off not asking for my opinion brother.....  @DWLange I'm sure would second that!!:facepalm:  One day Mr. DW...... one day I will eventually shine 😁

On 10/5/2022 at 12:01 PM, ronnie stein said:

GBrad, at the rate your going, by next year you'll be working at NGC in the Variety Plus department. 

Yeah, dream on Gregory....... If they would let me work from home, I'd gladly accept!!! Reminds me of that song by Boudleaux Bryant:

Drea-ea-ea-ea-eam, dream, dream, dream
Drea-ea-ea-ea-eam, dream, dream, dream......🙄

Maybe Mr. DW Lange will read this and offer me a trial position, fingers crossed...... Once again:

Edited by GBrad

It is good enough to be addressed. It has to be submitted for the Variety Plus service, and when it is returned to you it should be in a new scratch free holder. It wouldn't hurt to give NGC a call and explain to them the issues. They are very nice and understanding and will help guide you to what exactly you should do. Although they are busy, I think you will be surprised at the personal attention you will get. Good Luck!