• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shipping Instructions Ignored

13 posts in this topic

I have reviewed my "Submission Form".
I ticked the USPS Mail box in Section 3 (Shipment Method).
I did not provide any shipper number or any of that garbage.

Further, it is there noted - "If you do not have your own account and are not on file with ngc, USPS Mail will be automatically selected."
BUT, inexplicably and without my agreement, you shipped it FedEx - subjecting me to this horrible S-Show of yours, and I cannot take possession of it - and it's all because of your Incompetence, your Stupidity, your Insolence, your Malfeasance.

Any Rebuttals?

• Administrator

Hello,

You are working from one of our older submission forms.  Our new Ship Method is Fed-X ground if you do not have your own account with a carrier.  https://www.ngccoin.com/news/article/10235/return-shipping-updates/

I have checked the tracking on the Fed-X website and it appears that they tried to deliver on the 21st, 22nd, and the 23rd.  I would say to contact your local Fed-X location for assistance getting this package delivered.

Thank you,

Lisa

On 9/25/2022 at 2:43 PM, DeVryGuy said:

I have reviewed my "Submission Form".
I ticked the USPS Mail box in Section 3 (Shipment Method).
I did not provide any shipper number or any of that garbage.

Further, it is there noted - "If you do not have your own account and are not on file with ngc, USPS Mail will be automatically selected."
BUT, inexplicably and without my agreement, you shipped it FedEx - subjecting me to this horrible S-Show of yours, and I cannot take possession of it - and it's all because of your Incompetence, your Stupidity, your Insolence, your Malfeasance.

Any Rebuttals?

This was discussed AT LENGTH in the discussion board. FedEx is now the default, for better or worse. If there is any incompetence, stupidity, insolence or malfeasance in this case, it might be FedEx’s or given what Lisa wrote, perhaps yours. 

Edited by VKurtB

No Way.
The form was obtained from ngc electronically, not from a comic book, of course, and sent in promptly.
If these changed, they changed sometime in between or ngc did not provide proper, up to date materials. That paperwork constitutes the contract. ngc cannot unilaterally change or alter the terms of the contract at their whim. If they did not wish to fulfill the contract on that basis then they should have sought my approval. They did nothing but presume Wrongly.

FedEx cannot help because I cannot contact them. There is no way to contact them. There is a virtual assistant and it doesn't give a damn. There is no way to lodge a complaint or get any communication with them. They are beholden to ngc, the sender, not to me. ngc needs to get on the ball, stop making excuses and blame-shifting.

I cannot be at home all day waiting for fedex, I have a job! I did not chose fedex, I chose the USPS, not fedex. Does everybody understand that?

Looks like they are actually following delivery instructions for a signature delivery (or you can pick it up at the local distribution center which I have done if I will not be home). USPS just tosses my signature required deliveries on a neighbor's porch (apparently within 2 or 3 houses is okey-dokey by them) and then just enters that the package was signed for. Who signed for it, Donald Duck? Complaints have resulted in the delivery radius increasing to 3 to 4 houses. Any more complaints and I have a feeling they will get delivered to a different zip code. :insane:

Then just recently USPS lost a package of 6 really nice and expensive coins in transit. It's insured, but it took me a really long time to find those coins which can't just be easily replaced, so I have to start all over. If USPS eventually finds the package SOP is to toss the package. I have heard similar stories of botched deliveries and lost in transit packages with USPS from others, so count your blessings that FedEx is handling your package and actually following the delivery instructions. ;)

USPS shipping would have required a signature for delivery as well so I'm not sure what the difference is in that regard, seems to me that you'd have to wait at home regardless, unless it's easier to pick up the package at the post office compared to Fedex.  (shrug) At any rate, long ago, because of signature requirements, I've had all my packages delivered to my place of employment where there is always someone on hand to sign and receive. This won't be an option for everyone but there are ways around these things. Hope you get your coins soon. (thumbsu

Edited by Fenntucky Mike

I guess I’m lucky. When I was in the workforce, I had a post office box that received my coins from NGC. Now that I am retired and at home more often than not, FedEx is PERFECT for me. When I’m not home, they bring it the next day. But seriously, OP, this change was made back in June, was widely promoted, and was fully discussed with me when I dropped off coins at Summer FUN in Orlando. To presume a “contract” is breached when you use an obsolete form, well… I’m sorry. Your attitude here IS the problem, EXCEPT that FedEx seldom wants to hear from recipients. That needs to change. 

• Administrator

Hello,

You should be able to DRIVE to your Fed-X location to pick this up.  We can have Fedex hold it at a location for you to pick it up or wait until the package returns to NGC.
There is a $20 fee Fedex charges for the request, which we will have to pass to you.

Please let us know if you would like to put the hold on this.

Lisa

@LISA BI am a little confused by what you are saying FedEx charges $22 for, so the OP may be too. I have never been charged for requesting a package be held for a pick-up, so I assume it relates to a returned package. 

Just an FYI that in addition to the option of picking up the package at a FedEx location (there should be instructions on the slip they usually leave), you can also download the "FedEx Delivery Manager" on your phone or computer and request the package be held at a certain location for pick-up or digitally sign for a package which will then be left at your mailbox, but I wouldn't digitally sign for higher value packages because it could be a nightmare if a porch-pirate grabs the package.

On 9/26/2022 at 2:42 PM, EagleRJO said:

@LISA BI am a little confused by what you are saying FedEx charges $22 for, so the OP may be too. I have never been charged for requesting a package be held for a pick-up, so I assume it relates to a returned package. 

Just an FYI that in addition to the option of picking up the package at a FedEx location (there should be instructions on the slip they usually leave), you can also download the "FedEx Delivery Manager" on your phone or computer and request the package be held at a certain location for pick-up or digitally sign for a package which will then be left at your mailbox, but I wouldn't digitally sign for higher value packages because it could be a nightmare if a porch-pirate grabs the package.

The number of perfect options truly trends toward zero. Convenience and security are natural enemies. Hey! Maybe use an authorized NGC dealer? Nah, too last century. 

Unless someone physically drops it of were NGC is going to grade it and then picks it up there a delivery service will be involved. The only difference is where that package is delivered, and if it's USPS you are lucky if it's within a one block radius. :grin:

• Administrator

I'm sorry but we will not be able to do anything about this as we have shut down due to the Hurricane.  Our offices will be open on Monday.  I'm not sure what staff members will be there as a lot of us are with damage to houses and no power.  Your patience would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Lisa